Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2011, 05:26 PM

1 posts, read 1,236 times

Advertisements

Please spread the word to all those who commute 7th Street. Be polite. I have watched grown adults lay on their horn behind a bewildered driver to the point of pushing them into on coming traffic.

Also I would also like to point out to those who feel entitled , " think about it ". Could their really be a rule that says once you get on the north bound 7th Street their is no getting off until you either 1. turn right or 2. go all the way to Mountain View Road to make a left ? If you beleive that then I have ocean front property for sale in Buckeye . You are not giving our city engineers any credit whatsoever.
Be sensible and show your maturity. Learn the rules before you give a self righteous honking session to the guy in front of you. He just might be the snowbird consumer that we need here in Phoenix. If you hate your job that is no excuse and if you insist on being bitter about it , ride the bus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2011, 05:53 PM

2,879 posts, read 7,777,481 times
I think the people in the BMWs are actually worse drivers than the SUV drivers, and that is no small feat. I just crossed IS at 7th, and there were two motorcycle cops right there on 7th. I would like to see some more enforcement. People who are turning right, while talking on their phones, don't even come to a stop, let alone stop behind the white line on red, and they don't even look to the right. Last time I checked, sidewalks were bi-directional. There are more people walking around these area than one might think. Yesterday, I witnessed a school bus racing between traffic bumps on Fairmount Ave.. Guess what? I dropped the dime to his Supervisor, who was very polite, and assured me they would review the video tape from the bus--case closed.

Old 02-23-2011, 08:01 PM

10,990 posts, read 6,857,477 times
Been here 5 months, the Lexus and BMW drivers combined are far worse than the old snowbirds and retirees. Far, far worse. Crazy Type A, driven, self-entitled jerks. Their lives are no more important than anyone else's but the way they drive it's obvious they consider everyone else as merely an inconvenience who is getting in their way. To a certain extent the huge-arse truck drivers behave much the same way. No offense to anyone here who fits in the category, but facts are facts.

Old 02-23-2011, 08:06 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,057,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masondog View Post
I have watched grown adults lay on their horn behind a bewildered driver to the point of pushing them into on coming traffic.
are you talking about the suicide lanes during rush hour?....if so, yes, they are confusing to the uninitiated....and a lot of locals like to terrorize the snowbirds - at times.....

there are a lot of self-important, entitled drivers all over the valley....I wish a cop was around, many times a day while driving........

Old 02-23-2011, 08:09 PM

Some try to make up for their "short"comings with a pitbull, others with a loud, thunderous stereo, but still many go for that big truck and a 560 dollar payment, meanwhile they are getting free lunch for their multiple kids. I wouldn't drive a BMW because the electronics suck, and I wouldn't want people to think I was an un-educated coke dealer.

Old 02-24-2011, 02:57 AM

289 posts, read 750,400 times
I really think it is more of the persons fault than the car. Kind of like the guns don't kill thing.

Old 02-24-2011, 07:21 AM

2,852 posts, read 4,500,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
Been here 5 months, the Lexus and BMW drivers combined are far worse than the old snowbirds and retirees. Far, far worse. Crazy Type A, driven, self-entitled jerks. Their lives are no more important than anyone else's but the way they drive it's obvious they consider everyone else as merely an inconvenience who is getting in their way. To a certain extent the huge-arse truck drivers behave much the same way. No offense to anyone here who fits in the category, but facts are facts.
No arguments from me here but I believe this topic is about traffic on north 7th Street in Phoenix, not about the kinds of cars people drive and their associated personalities.

Besides I believe there would be more Lexus and BMW drivers in Scottsdale than on north 7th.

Old 02-24-2011, 10:44 AM

Apparently, a lot of the work downtown, and are cutting over to the 51.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area