Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 09:47 PM

12 posts, read 19,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by misahastheeyes View Post
Today I was at the intersection of Shea and Scottsdale, turning left onto Scottsdale Rd. I was behind a Fedex Express truck (one of the tall ones) and we were turning left. I did not see the arrow color when I followed the truck, because it was tall enough I couldn't from where I sat. I went through the intersection on a yellow light and completed the turn on a red. Busted, dinged, flashed?
I think you'll have to wait to see if it comes in the mail. There is always a pretty good chance the camera doesn't get a clear picture of you. If it does come, make sure every little piece of info is correct on it. If one piece of info isn't, or isn't possible, you can contest it and you'll win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2011, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
Not unless you want a ticket. I've lived two miles from Scottsdale-Shea for eight years. Guess what? No. You were busted and will be charged accordingly.
Case dismissed. Shows that if something is truly not accurate and you take the time to educate yourself on the process, it pays off for law-abiding citizens to fight for what's right. Taking the human element out of law enforcement is just wrong. The world is not always black and white.

Old 05-31-2011, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
If your not passed the embedded line before red you get flashed. Unless it was a true malfunction you ran a red light. Zero chance you win. I would go to traffic school if available.
Turned out to be a true malfunction. If the ticket is incorrect (I can't turn left and go 48 at the same time) they must throw it out.

Old 05-31-2011, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmom123 View Post
Ok well I just got a ticket at that same intersection turning left. In the first photo the arrow is red and my vehicle back end is clearly passed the cross walk. In the second photo, I am in the middle of the intersection. Should I just go to traffic school and not try to fight it?
Make sure everything is correct on the ticket- all the little numbers on top of the photos. Your speed, the r-time, amber-time, etc. Make sure it makes sense. You might as well try to fight it-- if you have a case they'll dismiss it before you get there, and if you do have to go to court, chances are they'll find you guilty, but might be worth the hassle.

Look for the red line, not the crosswalk- it's hard to see in the photo they send you. That's the line you must be past, not the crosswalk.

Old 05-31-2011, 11:58 PM

183 posts, read 549,916 times
On the whole "not driver on file" thing, in other states it works to register your car (the one you most drive) in your spouses name, and vice versa. Your face (or spouses) will never match up to the registered owner, Voila.....dismissal
Shhhhhh, keep this a secret
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area