Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 02:24 PM

14 posts, read 42,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieWrecked View Post
Obviously if there is a car in front of you no one expects you to go any faster.
Not true.

Coming back from the beach a few years back, I was stuck in bumper to bumper traffic. I was the last person in the left lane and this kid comes flying up on my bumper as we're stopped for a red light, beeping, flashing his high beams and yelling at me to "get the f%*# out of the way." After a full 25 seconds of his belligerence, I was beyond fed up, not that I was in a rush to get home in the first place.

I turned off my truck and walked to the back, nicely explaining to him that my 22 year old truck had overheated and I would be unable to move it for a few minutes. Than I sat on my tailgate and watched calmly for about 5 minutes as he tried in vain to pull into the right lane.

In my own defense, I'm not an *******. I normally help people who I see on the side of the road with a flat or a jump, but this kid got what he deserved on top of having to sit in horrible traffic anyway.

Old 03-07-2011, 03:56 PM

30 posts, read 41,561 times
[quote=Forournewlife;18174751]I turned off my truck and walked to the back, nicely explaining to him that my 22 year old truck had overheated and I would be unable to move it for a few minutes. Than I sat on my tailgate and watched calmly for about 5 minutes as he tried in vain to pull into the right lane. /quote]

In my opinion this behaviour is extremely unfair and careless. I really am against tailgaters who aggressively flash their lights and honk, but you aren´t any better than that driver. You should keep you concentration on the road, not the tailgater behind you, even if he is yelling at you. I hate drivers who behave so uncooperate to other road users!

Old 03-08-2011, 12:15 PM

14 posts, read 42,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobahn driver View Post
In my opinion this behaviour is extremely unfair and careless. I really am against tailgaters who aggressively flash their lights and honk, but you aren´t any better than that driver. You should keep you concentration on the road, not the tailgater behind you, even if he is yelling at you. I hate drivers who behave so uncooperate to other road users!
I never claimed my behavior was correct in that situation. I was stuck behind 12 cars at a red light, which were part of a 5 mile long bumper-to-bumper ride back from the beach.

Unfair? Being cursed at and told to "get the f*** out of the way" while I am stopped at a red light IS fair?

Careless, no. There were 4 other cars stuck on the road that overheated and 5 accidents from people not paying attention and being truly careless, between the beach and my home.

Funny how I was the one being uncooperative, but yelling at someone who is stopped behind a line of traffic at a RED LIGHT is somehow excusable.

Neither of us were right in our actions. The difference was, I was clam, I was not in a rush to get somewhere. My house or wherever my destination may be will be there when I get there.

There is no reason to be in a rush. That's how people get killed and that was the point of my actions.

Old 03-08-2011, 12:19 PM

3,391 posts, read 7,170,744 times
This thread appears to have run its course. Thanks to all who contributed. Thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area