Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2011, 08:46 AM

7 posts, read 35,861 times

Advertisements

We'll be heading down to AZ this weekend to house hunt. We've been doing a ton of research, but I can't find any rating of the best neighborhoods in Gilbert.

What are considered "the best" by residents? What makes it the best? (Location, amenities, landscape, association, vibe, etc.)

Where do you live and why do you love it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2011, 09:24 AM

45 posts, read 69,318 times
I live in Ashland Ranch and absolutely love it. The subdivision is built around an elementary school which is great if you have young kids. It also has 4 covered parks and is very close to SanTan mall for entertainment and the 202 for your commute.

Old 03-29-2011, 03:01 PM

6,069 posts, read 14,781,079 times
I live in Val Vista Lakes, so recognize that I'm biased. I'm also very active in the community so I know a lot about it.

Here's why I like it:

Lush green community; no desert landscaping in front yards. Lots of trees.
Plenty of meandering walk/bike paths and green belts.
Ball park

Clubhouse that is like a resort:
  • 8 lighted tennis courts
  • 3 indoor racquetball courts
  • Weight room
  • Cardio room
  • Banquet room (200 person capacity)
  • Smaller banquet room
  • Meeting rooms
  • Outdoor large spa
  • Jr Olympic Swimming pool heated
  • Gazebo
  • BBQ
  • Fire pit
  • Picnic area
  • Clubhouse boat you can rent with driver very cheap (if you don't have your own boat)
  • Take your boat to the clubhouse and tie up while taking part in activities
  • sandy lagoon swimming pool
  • Man made mountain with waterfall and gazebo on the top.
  • All setting on the waterfront
  • Many events and activities for all ages
  • HOA dues of $88/month includes all the clubhouse amenities.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OizFSwqcLcw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qx3AHOaEh6Y

Old 03-30-2011, 07:32 AM

214 posts, read 401,967 times
It looks very nice and I do admit I have the website bookmarked now. Is it an easy commute (less than 45 minutes) to downtown Phoenix with heavy traffic? Is there a sizeable population of folks in their mid-forties to mid-fifties? Would folks in that age bracket fit in well? Thanks.

Old 03-30-2011, 07:51 AM

46 posts, read 102,525 times

Captain Bill -

What do the waterfront homes begin at in terms of pricing? If you do not have waterfront, is there lake access? Thanks!

Old 03-30-2011, 09:06 AM

ILikeEveryone and Cyberbehms

Val Vista Lakes is a multi generation community. There are people of all ages, and everyone fits in. Below is an activity video and you'll see people of all ages participating. Send me a direct message if you would like a tour of the community and clubhouse. That's the best way to have your questions answered.

There is a very active Womens Club at VVL. Check out their new web site. The pictures are indicative of the age groups represented

Pictures | Val Vista Lakes Womens Club

There's also a tennis club, swim team, a seniors club, and more.

Val Vista Lakes clubhouse is about one mile to the highway 60 for an easy commute to downtown. The clubhouse address is 1600 E Lakeside Drive Gilbert, 85234. You can google map that address and the destination address. It will show you the normal and heavy traffic driving time.

Here's a link to all the Current Active listings in Val Vista Lakes including waterfront and non-waterfront homes. It's interactive so you can click on Detail to get all the details of the homes, or click on map to see the location of the homes, and click on Satellite to get a satellite view. There's also a Birds Eye View.

Homes not on the water have access to the lake, and all of the clubhouse activities

Here's another of the activity videos that show people of all ages in the 2011 Fitness Challenge (not a race, but a fun, social, community event for a personal fitness challenge)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6TaoN7crsA

Old 03-30-2011, 09:18 AM

46 posts, read 102,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bill View Post
ILikeEveryone and Cyberbehms

Val Vista Lakes is a multi generation community. There are people of all ages, and everyone fits in. Below is an activity video and you'll see people of all ages participating. Send me a direct message if you would like a tour of the community and clubhouse. That's the best way to have your questions answered.

There is a very active Womens Club at VVL. Check out their new web site. The pictures are indicative of the age groups represented

Pictures | Val Vista Lakes Womens Club

There's also a tennis club, swim team, a seniors club, and more.

Val Vista Lakes clubhouse is about one mile to the highway 60 for an easy commute to downtown. The clubhouse address is 1600 E Lakeside Drive Gilbert, 85234. You can google map that address and the destination address. It will show you the normal and heavy traffic driving time.

Here's a link to all the Current Active listings in Val Vista Lakes including waterfront and non-waterfront homes. It's interactive so you can click on Detail to get all the details of the homes, or click on map to see the location of the homes, and click on Satellite to get a satellite view. There's also a Birds Eye View.

Homes not on the water have access to the lake, and all of the clubhouse activities

Here's another of the activity videos that show people of all ages in the 2011 Fitness Challenge (not a race, but a fun, social, community event for a personal fitness challenge)

Thanks Captain Bill. I just went to the site. Can you please verify that HOA's are $88 a month? I saw this on one of the listings, which states $175/Monthly:
HOA Fee/Paid: $175/Monthly
Association Fee Incl: Front Yard Maint; Common Area Maint

Old 03-30-2011, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbehms View Post
Thanks Captain Bill. I just went to the site. Can you please verify that HOA's are $88 a month? I saw this on one of the listings, which states $175/Monthly:
HOA Fee/Paid: $175/Monthly
Association Fee Incl: Front Yard Maint; Common Area Maint
The Val Vista Lakes HOA fees are $88 per month including common area maintenance and all the club house amenities.

There are 24 sub communities within Val Vista Lakes. One is a condo community and one is town houses. They will have a separate fee for that community which will include gate maintenance, street maintenance, common area and front yard.

There are six other gated communities within Val Vista Lakes and they will have a separate HOA fee which will include maintenance of parks within that community, streets, gates, street lights, sidewalks, and common area. (Front yard maintenance not included)

In my gated sub community of Lakeside at Val Vista Lakes we pay $58 for our separate HOA, plus the $88 for the Val Vista Lakes HOA.

The other sub communities do not have separate HOA's.

The number you saw was either for Breckenridge Bay (townhomes) or Beachclub Village (condo's)

Old 03-30-2011, 04:33 PM

64 posts, read 168,050 times
Ditto everything Captain Bill said. We love it in VVL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area