Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2011, 01:21 PM

3 posts, read 7,797 times

Advertisements

I am looking to relocate to Glendales, AZ as I have retired and looking to leave Michigan. What is the cost of living out there, job market as the most I would want to pay for rent would be $500 - $800 and in a safe area.

Brenda
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2011, 02:29 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,749,757 times
You may want to check out Sun City for rents that low. I am not sure what you can get in Glendale for $500 a month, but you can find a decent place to live in Sun City for your budget.

Old 04-10-2011, 02:57 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,422,460 times
You indicate that you are retired, but are asking about the job market. What type of job are you looking for? Do you just want part time, or???

Old 04-10-2011, 03:33 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,768,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brleake View Post
I am looking to relocate to Glendales, AZ as I have retired and looking to leave Michigan. What is the cost of living out there, job market as the most I would want to pay for rent would be $500 - $800 and in a safe area.

Brenda
There is an apt complex at 6755 N. 83rd avenue in Glendale that has a pool, gym, and is pet friendly. I believe it's within your budget. They have 6 months leases available. The name of the place is San Bellino Apartments. Glendale Arizona Apartments - Home - San Bellino

This location is across the street from a Walgreens, a Circle K gas station and it is less than a mile from a Walmart Marketplace. It is also about 2 miles from a Safeway supermarket and 5 miles from an excellent hospital, Banner Estrella Medical Center. It is also very close to Westgate, and the Loop 101.

This convenient location will save you money in gasoline.

I don't know what the cost of living is like in Michigan, so I cannot compare it to Glendale, AZ. I guess if you don't have many debts you should be OK.

The job market is improving, but it all depends on your skill set, experience, what you want to do or could do and what your income requirements are.

Good luck and welcome to AZ (I hope!)

Old 04-11-2011, 02:34 PM

501 posts, read 1,192,252 times
Glendale is a safe area, too.....be prepared for the hot summer. Anyways, good luck on your move!

Old 04-13-2011, 07:58 PM

13 posts, read 38,831 times
you should be able to find a nice place for that price anywhere in AZ

Old 04-25-2011, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
You indicate that you are retired, but are asking about the job market. What type of job are you looking for? Do you just want part time, or???

Yes I just want something to do to keep me busy and a part-time job would be great for me as even though I havea retirement check coming in I would like to use only my part-time money for my personal spending.

Old 04-25-2011, 11:27 AM

Thanks for the information I will still keep my home here in Michigan so that when I come to visit I do not have to stay in any hotel. My Condo here is paid-off I only have to pay Taxes which is twice a year. Butthe cost of living in Michigan can be pretty high but it is up to you and where you really like to live. I myself like a very nice and safe area so where I live in Michigan I was paying $1,000 for Mortgage and I just buy a new Lexus which I paid cash for. I do not have a lot of debit I would say my debit is about $11,000.00 if that as I have always paided my bills on time and not use my Credit card all of the time. So at this point I can pay up to $1,000 but I feel that between $500 - $800 would begood for rent and my a Mortgage for right now maybe down the road. Thanks again for the informations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area