Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 04:36 PM

1 posts, read 4,443 times

Advertisements

I would NEVER recommend a Trend home to anyone. Well...maybe to my worse enemy but that's about it.

I am a former employee of Trend and I can't even begin to tell you how many complaints I would receive from customers who just wanted to vent, only beause no one else at Trend would take the time to listen to them. Trend's homes are junk, their mortgage programs are a total joke, and the company as a whole is simply ridiculous.

Seriously...save yourself the hassle of dealing with a disaster of a company and DON'T BUY FROM TREND!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2007, 01:41 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,333,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by space cakes View Post
I would NEVER recommend a Trend home to anyone. Well...maybe to my worse enemy but that's about it.

I am a former employee of Trend and I can't even begin to tell you how many complaints I would receive from customers who just wanted to vent, only beause no one else at Trend would take the time to listen to them. Trend's homes are junk, their mortgage programs are a total joke, and the company as a whole is simply ridiculous.

Seriously...save yourself the hassle of dealing with a disaster of a company and DON'T BUY FROM TREND!!!!
That is so funny. My parents own a Trend home in Surprise, in the Rancho Gabriella track. They have nothing but nice things to say about Trend homes. Also JD Power gave them a great ranking with regards to problems. Everyone that I knew that has purchased a Trend home has been very satisfied with it. Seems that you could be a little biased by not being an employee for the company any more.

Old 01-12-2008, 10:20 AM

54 posts, read 225,561 times
Default repy to: tartesso is evil.

I own a Trend Home in tartesso and have nothing bad to say about the builder. Although their landscaper Bloom is not so great. But as for Trend I am very happy with them.

You didn't give any specifics about what you have seen. I would like to hear some of the Storys.

Again I have a great time with Trend. I can say my house was well built. I photographed the entire construction, and had a third party inspector look at the home throughout the build and found only very miner stuff like flaws in the paint and chips in the cabinets. All were fixed in a timely manner.

I would like to know what real deal is with Trend. If you worked with them why do you no longer? Were you laid off due to the housing slump and decided to take it out here. It's ok if you are but please do not be bias.

Old 01-12-2008, 01:52 PM

1 posts, read 4,384 times
if anybody is looking for a quick sale, I am very interested. already pre-approved and we can make your home sale quick and painless...

Old 03-09-2008, 02:58 PM

2 posts, read 5,940 times
Angry Trend Homes In Rancho Gabriela

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
That is so funny. My parents own a Trend home in Surprise, in the Rancho Gabriella track. They have nothing but nice things to say about Trend homes. Also JD Power gave them a great ranking with regards to problems. Everyone that I knew that has purchased a Trend home has been very satisfied with it. Seems that you could be a little biased by not being an employee for the company any more.
Actually, Space Cakes is very accurate in her statements. Jan/Feb 2005 and the huge rains in the area exposed all the Trend Homes that had horrible construction. I had just moved into my brand new home with turet entry when the rains came flooding in through the faulty construction on the roof. These people could have cared less and I could prove they knowingly ignored the leaks they had discovered prior to closing on the purchase. Customer service was full of sympathetic voices, and they just kept disappearing...the post-sale warranty people were different every time I called because they couldn't keep quality staff with the way they were directed to claim they weren't responsible for so many of the construction problems owners were calling about. They were horrible. The sub-contractors were so overworked because of the shoddy construction on the Trend houses that it took 3 months for Trend to figure out what was wrong with my roof and finally get it fixed. The subs were very honest that they were swamped with water problems in the Trend homes. Trend claims you can get to Reed, their owner/CEO, but no one could have tried harder than I did and he would NOT talk to me...guess they only meant if it was to gush over how great his homes are. JD Powers called me and they couldn't have gotten such great ratings if JD Powers counted everyone's comments. I didn't know anyone in Rancho Gabriela who was impressed with their Trend home construction. I sold as fast as I could because Trend was so careless about the neighborhood. They sold cheap homes and allowed buyers to construct at the lowest end. I put in over $30,000 in upgrades and Trend didn't once warn me that I was pricing myself right out of the neighborhood. Even the model of my home wasn't as well appointed or upgraded. I was out there this weekend. The HOA has let the neighborhood go to pot and my beautiful house has been trashed by the current residents. That, I believe, was the result of Trend not setting minimum expectations for their neighborhoods.

Old 03-14-2008, 01:33 PM

11 posts, read 50,415 times
The HOA for Tartesso is 52 a month. I just bought out there in FEB. Really nice area. I havent moved yet but am looking forward to it! Anyone know of any reputable painters in the area? I need the whole interior painted. . . . . thanks

Old 03-14-2008, 02:02 PM

1,818 posts, read 1,528,249 times
We bought a Trend home in Tartesso and love it as well. The construction was very good quality as confirmed by outside inspectors. My Mom bought a Trend home in Scottsdale 10 years ago and it has been a great home for her.
I would not put much stock into the comments of a bitter ex employee. And as far as putting too many upgrades into your home and pricing yourself out of the market - uh take some personal responsibility and use your own brain!
Oh...and JD Power ranked Trend #1 in home owner satisfaction for 2007.

Old 05-30-2008, 12:51 AM

27 posts, read 82,212 times
I've lived here in Tartesso since january, so far so good. There are an awful lot of empty homes here, and the 52 dollars a month for the HOA is ridiculious

Old 05-30-2008, 10:18 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,742,090 times
I think during the past housing boom that the builders were getting subs that were not up to snuff, sort of a luck of the draw and some developers got very bad hands. Construction here was a transient labor force and many were not qualified to hold a hammer. This along with poor customer service, pulled a lot of them down.

Old 11-05-2010, 05:37 PM

1 posts, read 3,532 times
when will they be building stores and dinning in tartesso? i love my house but it would be so much better if he had stores near us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area