Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 12:03 AM

17 posts, read 31,551 times

Advertisements

Moderator cut: off topic

@Rainbow Sprinkles--I was in Glendale last week looking at houses & apartments. Msg me if you want the name of two complexes that we looked at that seemed family friendly and fit all of your requirements. They were both close to the Westgate area.

Last edited by Kimballette; 05-10-2011 at 05:53 AM.. Reason: Please read the Terms of Service. You are free to participate in discussions from day one as a new member.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2011, 02:37 AM

5 posts, read 10,224 times
I didn't expect such a big turn out on this post o: Thank you all for taking the time to read this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tckl8 View Post
Moderator cut: deleted

@Rainbow Sprinkles--I was in Glendale last week looking at houses & apartments. Msg me if you want the name of two complexes that we looked at that seemed family friendly and fit all of your requirements. They were both close to the Westgate area.
Alright. I'll send a PM your way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanabacowboy View Post
Where will you need to be commuting to on a regular basis for school or work or whatever? You describe a pretty large area. If you narrow it down maybe folks will have more input.
I am going to be going to high school, I made this post for my mother. She doesn't have a job yet, she's been applying to different one's for the past week and we won't be moving for a few months, so I can't really say where we'll be commuting to. I was mostly looking at apartments in Northern Scottsdale because they seem to have the nicest high schools, but I'm guessing she'll probably be working in Phoenix by the type job she's looking for. I know I said a large amount of area, but I didn't know which area would have apartments that would fit the price range. I was kind of hoping people would be able to help me with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Your criteria is very strict. Your best bet would be driving around and inspecting places yourself. I pay $554 in Tempe and have none of what you're looking for aside from pet friendly and the balcony. For the amount of money you want to spend you might want to rent a home.
I didn't think it was strict. The only must-haves were 2 bedroom, 2 bathrooms, and a covered parking space. The others were just things that would be nice to have but aren't needed. Though the laundry room in the unit is in-between must-have and nice to have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc4drew View Post
Any Mark Taylor community is very inviting!
I was looking at Mark Taylor Communities . Very nice looking. Do you know which ones are best that have 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, and under $1000? I saw a few of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimballette View Post
But probably out of the o/p's stated price range.
Only some of them are out of the price range. There are many Mark Taylor Communities that are in the price range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdr0710 View Post
as others said, you do need to get out here and hit the pavement.....

your hoped-for area covers at least a couple hundred square miles!

I can't drive xD. As I said in one of my above responses I'm doing this for my mother.. she usually doesn't look into stuff. She was thinking about apartments in Surprise, where we currently live in a house.. because she said they're the only ones she knows of that 'haven't gone ghetto' but I looked at them and none looked good so I started searching Northern Phoenix and Northern Scottsdale mostly. I really didn't think there were that many 'good apartments' I thought maybe somebody could bring a list of maybe like 10 that are good in that whole area. I also was just thinking someone might come around and say well *enter city here* has more of what you're looking for, I know of a few apartments you might like, blah blah blah. But yeah anyways I would say it would be nicer to have an apartment in Northern Scottsdale over Northern Phoenix or Glendale. So if anyone could go off of that.. If Northern Scottsdale is too expensive I would settle with Northern Phoenix..

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
You also need to change your approach. You generally get what you pay for. For what you are asking, you should be prepared to pay $1000-$1200. So either you lower your requirements or agree to pay more.

For a new clean 2 bedroom 2 bathroom apartment with a washer/dryer in a safe area will cost you between $1000-$1200 at least.

Now keep in mind, there are much flashier and high end apartments that will charge $1300 to $2000 for the same requirements.
Well I said up to $1000. After I posted this I found La Privada. It is gated, looks pretty nice, has apartments that fit the criteria, even has some of the nice to have things, and the apartments are around $900. Some even have garages, and I read some reviews that it's pretty nice so I don't know why everyone is saying that I'm not going to be able to find apartments to fit the criteria in my mother's price range. We don't really need a high end apartment, just some place that we aren't going to get robbed in, or have loud drunken adults coming home at 3 am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippyman View Post
In my area, you can rent 3 bedroom 2 bath homes with a garage & a nice yard for about $850-$1000... I think it's pretty safe, I live here!

PM if you want specifics...
Alright I'll PM you... hopefully you're not lying haha q:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Aw c'mon - share where this magical place is, will you?
Can't you just PM them if you want to know? o:

Last edited by Kimballette; 05-10-2011 at 05:55 AM.. Reason: deleted orphaned quote

Old 05-10-2011, 12:03 PM

19,466 posts, read 27,999,362 times
Sprinkles, you sound like a smart girl. Be extra smart and DON'T meet any of these folks who PM you suggesting that you come over and see the really nice, safe and cheap apartment that they rented in a complex that sounds perfect for you and mom.

One more thing: where your mom works will ultimately be a big factor in where you live. There are good high schools all over the area - far more than good jobs.

Old 05-10-2011, 06:21 PM

501 posts, read 1,195,766 times
We once lived in a Mark Taylor property in N. Glendale. It had everything, was quite secure, and the staff was pretty nice as well. They took care in their property, and it showed....the pool was immaculate, the grounds were well kept, and anytime we had a maintainence issue, it was handled right away. They're definitely worth a look. They have a website, so you can view their different properties and availability of each as well.

Old 05-10-2011, 06:23 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,101,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Sprinkles, you sound like a smart girl.
I agree that Sprinkles sounds like a very savvy person....

Old 05-10-2011, 11:59 PM

235 posts, read 757,968 times
Funny how people get so off topic.

I have been in your shoes before Sprinkles, The area you are looking to be in is North Phoenix/Paradise Valley, Scottsdale. There is plenty of apartment choices with your criteria, desert ridge mall area offers luxurious apartments in your price range, $1000 for rent goes a LONG way in Phoenix. You will be surprised everything you wanted, and then some.
Villa Salerno is in a great area, very safe, on bus lines, freeways, and very close to Desert Ridge mall, for night life. Rent starts at believe it or not $860 And with summer specials, you might end up paying less.Villa Salerno at Desert View
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area