Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 11:08 AM

932 posts, read 1,965,288 times

Advertisements

The change be as drastic as you predict. People love thei cars here just as much as LA, pollution can be bad (not as bad as LA though), the nightlife scene belongs to Scottsdale, Tempe, and the Central corridor of Phoenix (Downtown+ Midtown), both cities are in arid climates (suprisingly though Phoenix has rain throughout the year and not just in winter), but pollen will be horrible.
Some people say Phoenix is the desert version of LA. That's not true. Phoenix is a city with it's own identity. There are things to do here you could never do in LA.
And one more thing, people here tend to dislike LA attitude. I'm not sure why though.
Any questions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2011, 11:17 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,492,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
If your asthma is allergy related, Phoenix may not solve the problem for you. Our pollen counts are quite high and cause many people to be miserable during certain times of year.

That said, yes, I think Phoenix will be a major culture shock to you in many, many ways. Have you considered Chicago or Boston?
I lived in LA and Phoenix. Hotter here but Phoenix is a bit like the SF Valley

People have told me Chicago is like Phoenix but with winters colder than Flagstaff. Boston I dont know.

Old 05-14-2011, 11:31 AM

3,062 posts, read 6,706,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cacto View Post
If you think theres a drastic difference between LA and SD or SF, then you should probably never leave LA.
I beg to differ. I grew up in the SF area and there is a great deal of difference between it and the LA area.
And if you have problems with asthma I am thinking that you should stay out of any area that can have polluted air.
The valley that Phoenix is in is not nearly as bad as LA but in the summer and sometimes in the winter when the winds are clam and people are burning fireplaces it can get lots of stuff in the air.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area