Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 07:39 PM

777 posts, read 1,337,902 times

Advertisements

Ya, wtf... I live in Surprise it is less ghetto than most of Phoenix I have been in. Houses here are nice, and on cheap side right now. Our house is right across from an awesome park and it's awesome. The only reason someone would choose to not quite live in this city is due to location. It is a bit of a drive to get anywhere outside of this city. It's roughly 20 minutes to Glendale from here, for instance, or to either of the major highways (101 or 10). But it is nice here and it feels really safe.

I'm going to assume the site you are searching rentals on is just limited. There are quite a lot of rentals around here. I would assume you might have to broaden the sites you search to find more rentals. What is your rental range too? There could be factor. An 1800sqft, 3 bdrm house with a pool would easily be renting for over $1,000 a month. In all seriousness though, you can save nearly $300 a month on a mortgage for the same house out here. But most people are more comfortable for a while to see houses, cities, and neighborhoods in person before choosing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2011, 07:44 PM

777 posts, read 1,337,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah Braun View Post
I've seen some older posts of living in Verrado but am interested in current info. My husband and I are in our mid 50's, have previously owned a condo in Scottsdale (sold it about 5 years ago) and loved being able to have a great vacation spot. We are now in the market again. I have spent the last 8 months on the internet looking at various cities within an hour/ hour 1/2 drive from Sky Harbor Airport. The prices at Verrado seem to have declined since the other reviews i read from 2007 which is extremely attractive to us since we don't want to sink a lot of money into a vacation home. Being near the White Tank Mountains seems like a great incentive to us since we love the outdoors and enjoy hiking, etc. i'm looking at the Ashtonwoods Developer in Fairview Park in Verrado. I understand there is another pool planned in this particular part of the development which sounds convenient. I like the idea of having the Main Street, etc. advantages without living too close to all the action. Any thoughts on Ashtonwoods developer? Any thoughts on Verrado in general? Apparantely, the Ashtonwoods lots are smaller - which seems to be an advantage for a vacation home in terms of maintenance issues. We do have two small dogs which should do well in the smaller yard along with walks and jaunts in the parks. I like the idea of pools without the slides, etc. since I would have no use for them. I've given this much thought but am curious about what other people have to say.
Any retiree's out there?
My husband and I discovered Verrado about 2 years ago when we just went for a random drive west. That area is AWESOME. It's like it's own little village outside of the rest of the valley, complete with its own Bashas and few other shopping areas. It was in a price range we couldn't afford though; especially for the size of a home we wanted. I don't know much else about it than this, but physically, the area seems really nice. Have you driven to check out the area yourself yet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area