Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2011, 12:05 PM

62 posts, read 170,028 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I am looking to take about a week vacation in the Phoenix area in mid-July. I have had a high level of interest in Arizona for a few years and am considering a move at some point. My main question is about some things to do during a vacation here in July. I'd like to be able to get a feel of the city and if I would enjoy possibly living here. I currently live in the midwest so I realize there would be a big change in living......The main thing I currently have marked down to do out there is see a Diamondback game or two. Anyone have any other ideas of fun, interesting things to do in Phoenix or surrounding areas? I realize it is going to be roasting outside but wouldn't mind spending some time out anyways!! Any help is appreciated!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2011, 01:57 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,099,034 times
not only will it be very warm, it'll be very humid, too, that month (for us, at least)....and with no daylight savings observed here, sunrise will be about 5:30am and it'll heat up quickly....also, with the high humidity, it won't cool down much at night....maybe a low of 80-85 - not comfortable at all.....

won't be a good intro for a possible relo!!....

you may want to go tubing on the Salt River....it requires a little bit of planning, but the company up there that runs the concession does a good job....wear sneakers, junky shorts and a tee, drink a ton of water, use sunscreen, don't drink too much, don't forget to eat, drink more water....

Salt River Tubing and Recreation - Arizona's Floating Picnic!

otherwise, go jump in a nearby pool, see some museums, eat and drink at the popular places near Chase Field, maybe take an early morning walk around Tempe Lake or a VERY early hike up Squaw/Piestewa Peak......

if you have a few free hours and a car available, drive up I-17 to Flagstaff to cool off a bit....Sedona, Grand Canyon, etc. are up there if you have more than a day and a night

Old 05-30-2011, 12:59 AM

62 posts, read 170,028 times
Thanks for the information. I kinda wanted to visit during the summer just to get a feel for how hot it gets, and if I can deal with it. At the same time, a trip later in the year might make more sense. Been a big Cardinals fan for years now and being able to catch a game at UofP stadium might be better too! ha

Old 05-30-2011, 08:23 AM

307 posts, read 956,042 times
Default Monsson moisture

The prvious poster was correct about more heat and humidity during the July/August period due to Monsoon moisture...

I can tell you that the humidity in Phoenix is not as high as the Midwest...

For example, here in St Louis yesterday it was 92 degrees but we needed the air conditioning...

In Phoenix it may get to 50-60% during the Monsoon Season but that percentage results in clouds and rain, which then bring temps down!

As for things to do, try websites that show you like AZCentral or search keywords of Phoenix, Arizona, or Sonoran Arizona (desert).

Hope this helps!

Old 05-30-2011, 10:22 AM

1,216 posts, read 1,918,659 times
I was in phoenix a few weeks back and went to precision marine on canyon lake for kayak/canoe rentals. pretty excellent way to spend a hot day, imo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area