Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 03:19 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,768,925 times

Advertisements

We like Razzamatazz for some things, Fiesta for others, and ended up at Tres Amigos for some other stuff. We wait/hunt for sales. Ashley for cheap couch for the Mastiffs to sleep on. Craigs list is intersting, but I would rather go to IKEA for starter furniture. IKEA is great for student/just starting out and really cheap cookware and kitchen utinsils. Bed sheets, nice cotton, were only $20 a set for Queen sized beds. I like the cotton bed throws for $19 that you can throw in the wash after the Mastiffs are done sleeping on them. Good bargins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2007, 03:21 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,768,925 times
Oh. Another great place to hunt is the model home close out sales. We found some great things at decent discounts from builders selling out after the homes are all sold. Watch for signs around the developments.

Old 08-05-2007, 03:45 PM

1,270 posts, read 5,214,108 times
Will do sablebaby! I have Levitz on the list now. Which is funny because the furniture store we have out here is Levins so they sound similar!

Purple sounds cool. I was contemplating doing my one bathroom in purple and white or beige. It is a radical change for me so I figured start small.

My son likes sectionals-->I want leather (but not a leather sectional). My general colors/theme are sort of tropical pineapples and palm trees (lol to move into a desert!)--->camel, brown, green, with a tad of orange and yellow for punch. I like mixing textures (leather, microsuede, chenille, glass, bamboo, rattan) as it keeps a room interesting and warm. The one patio set I saw at Robb & Stucky which cost way too much had a pineapple motif in the wrought iron seatbacks so I drooled....

I have the coolest lamp. It is a pineapple with wood "leaves" on top and bottom and the body of the pineapple is like a mosaic in orange/yellow and green--->it lights from the inside with a night light bulb and is totally cool. That is my inspiration piece they always talk about on the design network to build my living room around. ;-)

Old 08-05-2007, 03:48 PM

1,270 posts, read 5,214,108 times
Keep the suggestions coming! I am a picky shopper.

Old 08-06-2007, 02:17 AM

1,216 posts, read 3,033,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanabacowboy View Post
Keep the suggestions coming! I am a picky shopper.
We like JC Penny and JC Penny Homestore. Also Levitz and Pruitts. We have bought from all of them. We did not buy from Ashley. Their prices are cheap but so is their furniture, imo. Also for gently used consignment furniture try Terry's Consign and Design. There are several locations around the Phoenix and Scottsdale area. I also like a place called Furniture Affair at 7th St. between Thunderbird and Greenway. As previously suggested they sell model home furniture and decorating accessories.

For patio furniture you might consider Home Depot especially when they have their sidewalk sale towards the end of summer.

Last edited by crystalys; 08-06-2007 at 02:18 AM.. Reason: Added more info.

Old 08-06-2007, 12:49 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,968,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanabacowboy View Post
Hi! Once I get into Arizona in 28 days and counting, I plan to gradually replace my furniture. (It was just easier to move what I already have for now than coordinating furniture delivery here and just hoping it arrived before the moving truck does lol!)

I know there are some furniture stores on Scottsdale by Kierland. Any recommendations for those stores or other stores within driving distance? Even a bit further out would be fine if you have some favorites as I am sure I could Google for directions.

I am looking for decent quality in mid-price range (ie I have no problem paying for quality furniture, but I dont want like the $10,000 armoires or the $200 Target variety...). I am not into contemporary furniture at all, but anything else is fair game.

Also, I definitely want some NICE outdoor furniture since I will have a patio (and unlike Ohio will be able to use it for more than 4 weeks a year). But I am not ecstatic about paying $2,000 for a single chair as much as I really liked it tho (I did venture into Robb & Stucky Patio lol!).

Thanks!

I really like Terri's consignment. They used to have a huge store in the Ahwatukee area. I think they have one in Scottsdale and in Mesa. Check them out. I got some really nice exceptional quality furniture for a fraction of the price. Also very unique items.

Also check Stein Mart for some odds and ends......Kirklands for lamps and furnishings also.

Old 10-13-2007, 02:26 PM

3 posts, read 19,652 times
My husband and I just moved to Scottsdale. We too are looking or furniture. So far, we have visited a dozen or so furniture places. So far, but best value we have found, if you have a Costco membership, Costco Home. They have furniture for everyroom, including TVs. The Terri's consignment we visited in Tempe reminded me of a thrift shop. One thing that I do want to mentioned to you, all the furniture places we visited, have a 4 to 6 week wait for special color orders. If you want good quality rockers/recliners at decent prices, go to Lazboy. They are having a great sale the week of 10/22. Good luck.

Old 10-13-2007, 06:41 PM

88 posts, read 483,193 times
Lazy Boy has some great furniture. I have a two seater reclining loveseat that I have had for many years, still like new. For your son's room, do take him & look around Ikea- that is where my own son bought the furniture for his bedroom...(they have a website where you can browse as well) and I have to say I was impressed by the quality and he said the directions for assembly as well as putting it together himself was a piece of cake! He also bought a recliner from Lazy Boy and a very nice microfiver couh at Penney's. As you can see, I am still in Chicago, but have to say that the Ashley Furniture here, and the Levitz here do not have good quality furniture that will last. I just googled my favorite furniture store- Ethan Allen- they have locations in: Chandler, Gelndale, and Phoenix. Most of my furniture is from Ethan Allen and it is excellent quality furniture. Good luck!

Old 10-13-2007, 06:45 PM

200 posts, read 915,715 times
There is a Kreiss in Scottsdale...nice furniture/ sometimes good sales...

Kreiss - Furniture, Accessories, Bed Linens, Fabrics, Interior Design (http://www.kreiss.com/home.cfm - broken link)

Old 10-13-2007, 06:59 PM

132 posts, read 593,640 times
WE just moved here last year and choose not to bring our furniture because of the cost. Plus our furniture was 6 yrs old so it was worth the $7,000 moving quote we got. We slowly furnished our home - Ashleys or Pruitts. I love "Ashley", pricey but when they have a SALE it is great. I also agree with the posting of "Estate Sale". My husband gets great deals from those, mostly accessories - PAINTINGA, MIRRORS, etc... Good Luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area