Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What should be done about the coyote invasion?
Nothing. Coyotes were here first. 76 55.07%
The proper authorities should relocate them to the desert. 39 28.26%
Shoot them. 25 18.12%
Build an urban sanctuary for them. 6 4.35%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 08:42 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,079,659 times

Advertisements

This thread cracks me up. Coyotes should be controlled, they can cause just as much harm as pitbull attacks, and we are animals too. If I were a bear I would eat the coyote if it came by my kids! We kill, just like any other animal, we eat, breath, and breed too. Those animals you call pets are really just prisoners, depending on you for food, or they wouldn't be kissing your butt like they do! They would rather leave too, they don't love you, they need you, there is a difference. I don't eat meat either, but not because its cruel, because it is mass produced and waisted. We don't raise them and eat them ourselves. We are so out of touch with the natural cycle it baffles me. Coyotes are just your pets, or prisoners, left to be free. They are hungry and thirsty, and not your pet! They will take down a child or a woman for that matter, your just another animal to them. I suggest you are a scary one or in the animal kingdom you'll become an easy one to eat! These are the facts of life, and people who have respect for animals should move to a place where they can raise them and eat them, not waist them. When a coyote is full, it will leave you alone, if its hungry it will kill you. We are no different. We just have a control problem, they don't, you are no different to them. We are the ones who keep pets for no purpose but entertainment, dogs use to be for protecting your food, and in turn we share it with them, now we treat them like babies. Where's the respect in that? Cats use to mouse the barns. Now they sit on window seals, bored out of there skulls while we call an exterminator! I would bare my canines at the coyotes, scare them, and maybe kill them if they started getting out of control. Its just the cycle of life guys, we are bigger, didn't you learn this in school? The big fish eats the small fish, the small fish eats the alge, the alge eats the ? Well, take a animal science class, you'll get the picture. If you look at how much murder we partake in, you'll realize we are not superior to other animals, were just larger. One on one, we'd be taken down pretty fast now a days. Why do you think smaller animals have more babies, they are on the bottom of the food chain, to survive there has to be more, half of them get eaten! One reason eating cows is gross, they aren't at the bottom, we should be hunting a rabbit or turkey, after getting plenty of exercise, then we should eat. I know, I know, hunting is a four letter word, but, I think it should make a come back, get rid of the butchers and hunt your own food again fatties! lol We are not going in the right direction. I better leave you before I am off topic! Coyote control is a must, unless you want to be lunch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2007, 09:28 AM

7,284 posts, read 16,681,102 times
"...live in all fifty states..."

That was brought to you by Sunday brunch with a couple of bloody marys.

What I MEANT, is they don't live in Hawaii and obviously are not going to get there very easily. They live in all lower 48, and in or around most metro areas where the habitat is favorable. Probably Alaska too but I'm not sure of that.

Old 08-06-2007, 11:30 AM

3,632 posts, read 16,164,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
Are you sure it wasn't a "Jackalope"? sic...:
lol, nope, it was definitely a coyote. I only thought it was a bunny because I'm used to seeing bunnies running around and I saw "something" move in the very far corner of my eye.

Old 08-06-2007, 11:33 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,372,455 times
There should be an option on the poll for:

Deal with them like every other part of the country does.

Old 08-06-2007, 11:39 AM

54,494 posts, read 33,862,309 times
I've seen coyotes down range at the Ben Avery Shooting range and in the line of fire. One time a buddy of mine and I were at the high-powered rifle metalic silhouette range and we saw a movement way down at 500 yards. I looked in the binoculars and sure enough, there were a couple of coyotes scampering across an area right by the silhouettes! The reason I didn't shoot them was because you're not allowed to shoot any kind of wildlife out there, unless of course they pose a threat to you or your pet. Plus, I don't shoot anything unless I'm going to eat it and coyotes are not exactly a gourmet or delicacy!

It was hillarious to see them though, I aimed my target rifle at one of the silhouettes at 500 yards, and fired a couple of shots and when the coyotes heard the report of the rifle and the bullet hitting the silhouettes, they stopped and looked at us, and their conversation probably went something like this: "Hey Joe, let's get outta here, those guys are shootin' at us! And Let's stop at Charlie's house and see what he caught for dinner today!"

Last edited by Magnum Mike; 08-06-2007 at 11:51 AM..

Old 08-06-2007, 11:43 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,372,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
I've seen coyotes down range at the Ben Avery Shooting range and in the line of fire. One time a buddy of mine and I were at the high-powered rifle metalic silhouette range and we saw a movement way down at 500 yards. I looked in the binoculars and sure enough, there were a couple of coyotes scampering across an area right by the silhouettes! The only reason I didn't shoot them was because you're not allowed to shoot any kind of wildlife out there, unless of course they pose a threat to you or your pet.

It was hillarious to see them though, I fired a couple of shots at one of the silhouettes at 500 yards and when they heard the report of the rifle, they stopped and looked at us and their conversation probably went something like this: "Hey Joe, let's get outta here, those guys are shootin' at us! And Let's stop at Charlie's house and see what he caught today!"
LOL

I see them on a regular basis and just give them their space. One night I shot a video of them howling away. There must have been 20 of them out in the field one night, just goin-to-town with their howling. I used my camera to record them, Ill have to dig up the video.

I dont see what the big deal is. Just keep an eye on the family pets and youll be ok.

Old 08-06-2007, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
LOL

I see them on a regular basis and just give them their space. One night I shot a video of them howling away. There must have been 20 of them out in the field one night, just goin-to-town with their howling. I used my camera to record them, Ill have to dig up the video.

I dont see what the big deal is. Just keep an eye on the family pets and youll be ok.
I updated my message Steve just to clarify something.

Old 08-06-2007, 01:12 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,695,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
I updated my message Steve just to clarify something.
What are you talking about, Mike?

Don't they taste . . . JUST LIKE CHICKEN?

Old 08-06-2007, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
What are you talking about, Mike?

Don't they taste . . . JUST LIKE CHICKEN?
LOL... I wouldn't know Bummer, but I heard they taste more like Roadrunner..

Old 08-06-2007, 04:06 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,164,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
LOL

I agree 100%.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area