Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2011, 12:34 PM

421 posts, read 1,073,439 times

Advertisements

In general, how is your experience so far with Shea homes ?
Please do not give any generic replies which nobody wants to hear like "It depends etc etc.", Just share your own experience if you ever had a Shea home

Thank you very much
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2011, 02:51 PM

57 posts, read 181,103 times
Default ..

When we made our recent purchase Shea was highly reccomended by our realtor. However we elected to purchase a home from Meritage because of all the green features. Solar, insulation constuction methods and building materials.

When in theory there is a 60-70% reduction in the cost to heat cool and water the house I found the deal to be hard to beat and the cost was basically the same as any of the other builders we looked like Shea and TW Lewis.

Old 05-30-2011, 04:35 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,749,757 times
We purchased a new build from Shea in 04. Our experience was positive and we have been very happy here. They took care of all issues we had although they were a little slow in their response. But all in all, very positive and we would purchase another Shea home if we did not make the plans we have made.

Old 05-30-2011, 10:50 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,422,460 times
Remember that consumer complaints are not permitted in the forums under the Terms of Service. So, to the OP-- you will only get positive responses here. If you want to look for any other information, try the Better Business Bureau or the Registrar of Contractors, which are better sources of info than an internet forum.

Old 06-03-2011, 01:46 PM

70 posts, read 209,647 times
Cool She Homes

We purchased our home from Shea in November and she was born in July '10. So far it has been the best home we ever owned! Just ahd our 6 m0nth walk through and of all the minor things we found they were all taken care of by Shea with absolutely no quibbles. So far they(Shea) have been Great, from the sales experience all the way through till now!
I can't compare them to any other builders 'caus I haven't had many experiences with other builders. As a matter of fact before we found this brandy new home we placed bids on two other homes and........believe it or not they were also Shea homes............ But don't just take my wors ....go visit one of their developments and see for your self!!

Old 07-09-2012, 10:47 PM

7 posts, read 65,229 times
Default shea homes

We purchased our Shea built home in 2005. We have had great experience with them from the sales to customer service. It is an HOA controlled community and even that is great -- the community is like living in a 5 star resort. I cannot say enough good things about Shea. People who have problems I believe have higher expectations than they should. Shea is not a custom builder. If that is what you expect then you need to build a custom home. We know we have builder grade stuff but everything works - floors are level, walls are straight -- things work as they should. [mod cut-- consumer complaints not allowed per Terms of Service]

Last edited by observer53; 07-10-2012 at 12:20 AM..

Old 07-09-2012, 11:04 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,606,714 times
I hear nothing but good stories around the valley about Shea. It's a good choice, IMO.

Old 07-09-2012, 11:59 PM

391 posts, read 788,238 times
we moved into our new shea home sept last year. They were fantastic through the sales process, the building process and for service. They made a few honest errors but I always considered an errror is an opportunity to impress your customers and thats what Shea has done for us. I work on a lot of new construction in Canada and we have excellent builders also but I have never heard the overall postive comments up here that I heard about Shea.

Old 07-10-2012, 06:00 AM

7,327 posts, read 12,341,534 times
Shea is a pretty good builder. [modoff topic[/mod]

Last edited by Kimballette; 09-12-2012 at 06:02 AM.. Reason: off topic

Old 09-11-2012, 08:17 PM

70 posts, read 209,647 times
So one year later and in my opinion Shea Homes builds quality homes and they stand behind them! What more can you say ...................... buy one and see for yourself!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area