Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 06:32 PM

14 posts, read 36,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFerrari View Post
hey fellow TexaN...SA native...GO SPURS GO...lol...yeah da Galleria area is nice...i can tell you jus the top layer of PHx...cause im new too...moved here in July...to compare the too is kinda hard...but from what ive seen...you might like...dare is say Scottsdale...if u want the upscale type...the eveyday blue collar peeps are in Glendale...this is from what ive heard...stay away from certain parts of the Southside at night...just depends on how much money u want to spend...and what type of peeps u want to be around...and be patient...u wont see to much rain
GO SPURS ????????? hmmm

The spurs pretty much got a free hand out coutesy of DAVID STERN and that referee who gambled on games who also was the referee in the sun/spurs match.
The suns however got railroaded by the league by suspending a major portion of the teams production( amare and diaw ) that a total of 40 or more points.
All because of that scumsucker "robert horry" .
He is the one who initiated the drama by INTENTIONALLY bumping steve nash into the score table.
amare and diaw was just checking on nash but the league took that as leaving the bench.
Yet no punches from either player was thrown yet they still get burned.
If that had not happened the suns would have for sure beaten the spurs.

so I put a huge asterisk behind the spurs 2007 title

2007 NBA champion : San antonio spurs !!!!!!!!!! ?????????

Old 09-11-2007, 07:38 AM

35 posts, read 185,033 times
I was in Phoenix last week and found nice places in both Arrowhead and Kierland. If anyone is looking for an apartment in Arrowhead, I highly recommend Laguna at Arrowhead Ranch. However, for me, I decided I liked Kierland better. I chose The Paragon at Kierland for the close proximity (walking distance) to the Kierland Commons and also because they are the same management company as the apartments I'm in now (no lease breaking fees!). Thanks to everyone who offered advice!

Quote:
If you like the area surrounding the Galleria, check out the Kierland area of Scottsdale (actually in Phoenix, but they cheat). It is one of the newer upscale, outdoor village-type shopping developments. Although it is actually in Phoenix, it lists "Scottsdale" as the address (because of the 85254 ZIP code).
One last thing, what do you mean Kierland is actually in Phoenix? My apartment address is Scottsdale, AZ 98254.

Old 09-11-2007, 09:08 AM

2,137 posts, read 3,863,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 43north87west View Post
If you like the area surrounding the Galleria, check out the Kierland area of Scottsdale (actually in Phoenix, but they cheat). It is one of the newer upscale, outdoor village-type shopping developments. Although it is actually in Phoenix, it lists "Scottsdale" as the address (because of the 85254 ZIP code). It is a nice area. Also there are lots of young and old professional types here. Nice mixed age group, nice area. Safe. I like it because I live here... other areas mentioned are nice too.

I work from my house at Kierland and drive maybe twice a week. The reason for that is because I can walk from here to maybe 20 or 30 restaurants. They are mostly chains, which really distressed me when I moved here, but that's something that you won't get away from in the valley, from what I've seen. Few independents.

There are a bunch of rentals in the immediate area, which would allow you to walk to the local attractions. There's a resort next door to Kierland, plus Barnes & Noble. Not sure about the library, but I buy most of my books. Look up Kierland Commons | Home. Very upscale area and crowd. Also, note the "directions" area, where you will find the map of where Kierland is located.

If you were happy in the Galleria area in Houston, I think you would like this area very much. I spend a lot of my time eating and drinking, when I'm not working (since I don't "commute", but I work a lot). For that, I really enjoy the village feel of Kierland, plus the surrounding area. Also the ability to be on foot. I hate driving when I don't have to, and here I don't have to if I choose not to.

DVT--Deer Valley Airport, is not far. You wouldn't be fighting a "typical" commute, and would have a few options about how to get there. Not a long drive, well within your limits. Actually probably on the lower end.
I really agree with this post. Check out the rents in this area. I know the area you are talking about in Houston...Phx is different, but the Kierland area might be just what you are looking for.

Old 09-11-2007, 09:12 AM

268 posts, read 1,160,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa1120 View Post
One last thing, what do you mean Kierland is actually in Phoenix? My apartment address is Scottsdale, AZ 98254.
Most (about 90%) of 85254 actually falls within city of Phoenix boundaries, however the post office that services that zip code falls within the city of Scottsdale which is why everyone in 85254 can use the Scottsdale name in the address when they actually reside in Phoenix.

The easiest way to tell if you are in the Phoenix side or the Scottsdale side is to look at who you pay your water bill to; is it Phoenix Water Services or is it City of Scottsdale? I think (but I'm not sure) other services such as fire, police, etc. are also serviced by city of Phoenix if you fall on the Phoenix side.

Old 06-06-2008, 07:23 PM

1,507 posts, read 3,416,052 times
Smile Moving from Phoenix to Houston is a great Idea

i think you will do well in Houston. Good luck.

Old 06-07-2008, 01:45 AM

Location: 5 miles from the center of the universe-The Superstition Mountains
1,084 posts, read 5,793,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa1120 View Post
As you can tell, I'm new to these boards. I'm relocating to Phoenix from Houston in October (2007)...
As with the Austin thread, this one is no longer relevant. The OP moved FROM Houston TO Phoenix in October, 2007. Thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area