Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 09:30 AM

2 posts, read 4,022 times

Advertisements

I am considering to rent a 1 bedroom there. The complex is near Mill Avenue. It will be open the 1st of August. They told me are 80% full already. What you guys think about the place?
West 6th Tempe
thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2011, 11:46 AM

1,832 posts, read 5,768,178 times
I'm just glad they are finally getting finished they have been an eyesore just sitting there unfinished.

Old 07-03-2011, 11:48 AM

2,879 posts, read 7,783,730 times
Rent is kind of high for what appears to be student housing.

Old 07-03-2011, 12:06 PM

57 posts, read 181,180 times
Student housing? Moderator cut: off topic

Last edited by Kimballette; 07-03-2011 at 12:38 PM.. Reason: off topic

Old 07-03-2011, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gritz View Post
Student housing?
Moderator cut: orphaned comment

A) the apartments are being directly marketed to students.

b) the opening of Tower I coincides with the start of the Fall Semester.

West 6th Tempe apartments taking reservations for Tower 2

Last edited by Kimballette; 07-03-2011 at 12:39 PM.. Reason: orphaned

Old 07-03-2011, 03:18 PM

8,045 posts, read 12,278,082 times
Originally, they were the Centerpoint Condos, and they began construction in 2006. They were initially designed to be luxury highrise condos, and were expected to be completed in 2008 ... however, the investor behind the whole deal committed suicide, and then came the real estate downfall, which put completion on hold for over two years.

I work right near these towers, and they have been nothing less than an eyesore when construction stopped & they were left standing there empty. Now that construction crews have been working extensively on completing the project, I would imagine that there is going to be a demand for these units ... especially now that they will be apartment units & the prices are substantially reduced compared to what they were originally.

Old 07-04-2011, 03:41 PM

6 posts, read 15,846 times
A friend of mine and I toured these yesterday. Very, very modern and upscale feel to them. One bedrooms were about 1000 and two bedrooms was about 1700. The views are amazing, but storage and closet space seemed substantially limited in the 1 bedroom and for one of the bedrooms in the 2BR layout.

It has a very urban feel about it, but, really? On Mill? The place is getting better, and might improve substantially once the first tower opens in August. She's still debating this place versus a tower in central phoenix. For her, a late-twenty something already out of school... I think her best move would be downtown, but even central phoenix has its drawbacks.

Anyway, if you're able to schedule a tour for this place, definitely sign up. Oh, and the 1000/month includes everything but electricity, so it's really not a bad deal at all. And, of course, rates go up the higher your floor.

Old 07-04-2011, 03:51 PM

Mill Ave. is a cliquey kiddie carnival. It all revolves around underage drinking, and loitering by high school kids. Central Phoenix does have it's drawbacks but it has everything Mill has with many add ons for those out of Uni. It is good that they are getting this place occupied, and it has been an eyesore. Let the college students have it and be on your way. Even if they were owners, and they are not, the college students are not good tenants. Probably more to do with immaturity than anything else.

Old 07-04-2011, 04:56 PM

1,942 posts, read 4,572,650 times
I saw the web site. Looks great. But for those who want peace and quiet, I think you have to look elsewhere. It will be full of students who have wealthy parents who can afford the high rent. Students...Parties...Ugh!

Old 07-05-2011, 09:37 AM

2,852 posts, read 4,505,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Roark View Post
I saw the web site. Looks great. But for those who want peace and quiet, I think you have to look elsewhere. It will be full of students who have wealthy parents who can afford the high rent. Students...Parties...Ugh!
Even when the buildings are finished they will still be eyesores.

Tempe is not the place for luxury highrise living, most college students around the Mill district are not rolling in the dough.

These towers should have been built in Scottsdale where the rich brats would feel more at home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area