Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 09:39 PM

9 posts, read 34,637 times

Advertisements

What furniture stores are in the metro Phoenix area? we will be relocating in October and need a new bedroom suite and couch set...I know there is an Ikea in Tempe, but what other stores?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2007, 09:44 PM
jco

2,121 posts, read 6,451,575 times
A good place to shop for nice furniture at a discount price is The Big Tin Shed in Glendale (I believe it's Glendale). It's been here forever!

We have all the big stores, too, like Pottery Barn, Z Gallerie, Bombay, Crate and Barrel, Ethan Allen, The Room Store, Ashley's Furniture, etc. Most of those stores are either in Scottsdale or Arrowhead.

Old 08-16-2007, 09:47 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,956,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie_MI View Post
What furniture stores are in the metro Phoenix area? we will be relocating in October and need a new bedroom suite and couch set...I know there is an Ikea in Tempe, but what other stores?

Ashley, Room Store, Pruitts, Robb and Stuckey, Thomasville, Lazy Boy, Levits, Z Gallery.

I like Ashley and Pruitts. The best is Terris Consign and design but that's not new. I'm sure there's more I haven't mentioned.

Old 08-16-2007, 09:48 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,956,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jco View Post
A good place to shop for nice furniture at a discount price is The Big Tin Shed in Glendale (I believe it's Glendale). It's been here forever!

We have all the big stores, too, like Pottery Barn, Z Gallerie, Bombay, Crate and Barrel, Ethan Allen, The Room Store, Ashley's Furniture, etc. Most of those stores are either in Scottsdale or Arrowhead.

Chandler also and Superstition Springs area has lots of those stores too.

Old 08-17-2007, 07:20 AM

54,494 posts, read 33,864,590 times
Best place to get furniture... Hmmmm.. Yard sales? I also picked up a couch the other day that was on the side of the road!

Ok, seriously - That's a tough question to answer, there are thousands of those smaller furniture stores throughout the metro area, and of course the big ones, like Ikea and Levitz. There is a good furniture warehouse type outlet on 51st Ave, about a quarter of a mile south of Camelback road on the west side of Phoenix. I forgot what it's called, but I know "Outlet" is in the name, so you might want to use DexOnline.com and enter "Furniture" and "Outlet" in your search criteria.

Old 08-17-2007, 07:36 AM

27,342 posts, read 27,395,534 times
Wow thats a hard one because it depends on your taste in furniture. I can only suggest if you want new, go through the ads in the Sunday paper out there. If you want used or consignment furniture, there are a lot of places for that too.

Old 08-17-2007, 09:48 AM

341 posts, read 1,673,552 times
Robb & Stucky, Drexel Heritage, Thomasville, Ethan Allen, Expressions in the Scottsdale area for high end
Copenhagen and Bova for high contemporary
Lazy Boy - all over town - mid price great looks - limited though no bedrooms, formal dining, dinettes
Ashley for low end (5years lifetime usage) great looks though
MOR furniture - worst than Ashley
Roomstore (better than Ashley) great sales, prices
Levitz - very low
Flexsteel for mid - limited in looks
Creative LEather and Creative Home - better end
Terri's Consignment - 80% is new from factory these days - but you can find some good deals - she is also all over the valley
The higher end stores are all in Scottsdale by Kierland COmmons - it is called furniture row
The lower and mid price stores are all over town

However, there is a great store in Tempe at lower to mid pricing - called Design Source - love that store - free design service with really quality designers - ask for Dianne - They have all prices and all looks

One thing about Phoenix - we are not at a loss for furniture stores - and they all offer unbelievable pricing and dating

Old 08-17-2007, 10:42 AM

461 posts, read 1,809,939 times
Hey, how come no one's mentioned Three Amigos!

Old 08-17-2007, 01:23 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,746,321 times
I love Three Amigos and Fiesta. We also enjoyed going to the builders model home furniture sales when they were closing out a development. We found some great buys there. I found one antique looking Chinese cupboard at the builders close out and later saw exactly the same thing in Scottsdale for $1,000!!!! We only paid $175.00 for it. Pays to shop.

Old 08-17-2007, 03:24 PM

551 posts, read 2,726,008 times
Definately check out Pruitts. They have some of the best prices and a very good selection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area