Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 11:18 AM

89 posts, read 448,651 times

Advertisements

hi all,

I think I asked this before, but dont remember. Anyways I have two options to select a house.

one on 27th-35th avenue , baseline -85041( phoenix) courtland homes, 2700 sq ft-nice backyard, can fit a small swimming pool. 33$/mo hov, price-260,000k

second one on 47th avenue, baseline-85339(laveen) khov homes, 2600 sq ft -
small backyard, cant fit a swimming pool.112$/mo hov front yard done by hoa,price-240,000k

I cant decide upon these two homes.
pos and neg:
1st house-
pos-bigger backyard, bigger house, low hoa
neg-phoenix area, closer to bad/old area, bigger backyard.

2nd house
pos-laveen, better neighbourhood, low base price
neg-high hov, smaller backyard.

I can compromise on swimming pool as long as its a good deal.

I would really appreciate as much feedback as possible, coz i been thinking about these two options for several months now. And laveen haters,comments like "I would never consider both these options" isnt really helpful to me. I decided on buying one in laveen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2007, 01:18 PM

21 posts, read 103,457 times
haha...i get where your coming from on the "dont bother with either" comments...i am way over those comments as well. I feel like if you go to the area and you feel comfortable after spending some time then you know better than anyone else whether it's an area for you or not.

My husband and I are planning on buying in laveen also come this fall in just about the same square footage and price your talking and we looked at alot of houses down there in July. I know once we drove past about the 35th and baseline crossroads we started to feel really alot more comfortable than when we were in southern phoenix and once we got near the 51st and baseline crossroad we felt very comfortable with the area. So I would tend to lean more towards the house by 47th ave with the smaller lot. Geez for over $100 monthly hoa does that subdivision have any ammenities....gated, community pool, tennis courts etc? I mean its nice they do your front yard maintenance, but how much maintenance does desert landscape require really?
Is all the finish work in the homes similar? kitchen size similar as far as cabinets and what not? Master bedroom similar in size and what about master bath finish work? If all remains the same and it was me buying i would go with the smaller lot in the area that is closer to 51st and baseline....even though those hoa dues are high i think (really what are you getting for that amount of money?).

wow i looked at khov homes and i saw they have floorplans with guest casitas!!! i like that!! very neat

anyway....i think it all depends on how much you really want a pool. I mean you spend additional $ for the larger lot that is closer to the "not so hot" part of town and then you have to pay an additional $15-20K for the pool. Do alot of houses in that area have pools or will you be adding an upgrade to that house that people who usually buy in that area cant afford...meaning upgrading too much for the neighborhood?

Old 08-20-2007, 02:56 PM

I felt the same way. After passing like 27th ave and baseline, it gets better.
Hoa has a community pool and stuff but still 110 is a lot. Thanks for your feedback. I may go to khov today :-). Last 1 month laveen prices has gone up 6%. I think it has a real good potential for nice investment.

Old 08-20-2007, 05:26 PM

crime rate:
Moderator cut: linking to competitors sites is not allowed

Any other sites available for crime rate..

Last edited by Yac; 01-08-2008 at 05:24 AM..

Old 08-20-2007, 05:38 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,956,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arun196 View Post
crime rate:
Moderator cut: linking to competitors sites is not allowed

Looks good......lucky we have these relocation forums.

Last edited by Yac; 01-08-2008 at 05:23 AM..

Old 08-21-2007, 04:34 AM

133 posts, read 433,335 times
Cool Laveen Rocks!

Quote:
crime rate:Moderator cut: linking to competitors sites is not allowed
Arun, do you intend to imply that Laveen has a lower crime rate than the east valley? That seems rather reckless in this forum.

I live near 51st and Baseline and would love to have you as a neighbor. In fact, I considered buying into the khov development right when it started going up. This area is great, based on my last year living here, and I look forward to the proposed developments in this 51st/Baseline vicinity. They include: a new college campus, a Kierland-like development, a movie theater, expansion on the existing greenbelt system, a proposed freeway nearby, new schools.... The list goes on.

And if you are looking at the same things my wife and I considered, you can't go wrong in Laveen. Great value for a new home, and it's still centrally located. Also, it is one of the few Phoenix-area communities that has committed to preserving its agrarian roots, even if it means some integration issues with the more typical suburban-looking new developments.

For more info, please look into my other posts. I have shamelessly promoted Laveen on this board and posted some strong points of reference for why this is a great area.

Last edited by Yac; 01-08-2008 at 05:23 AM..

Old 08-21-2007, 04:36 AM

133 posts, read 433,335 times
FYI, If you click my name, at the top of the post, you can select an option to view all posts from me.

Old 08-21-2007, 09:35 AM

True. This shows it all.....

Past 30 days price appreciation:

Laveen Gilbert Chandler Maricopa AZ US
6.3% -0.1% 0.3% 0.1% 0.1% 0.6%

Will see ya at the party celebrating 25% in a year ;-)

Old 08-21-2007, 11:14 AM

4,300 posts, read 14,956,171 times
Quote:
True. This shows it all.....

Past 30 days price appreciation:

Laveen Gilbert Chandler Maricopa AZ US
6.3% -0.1% 0.3% 0.1% 0.1% 0.6%

Will see ya at the party celebrating 25% in a year ;-)

25% appreciation? Better factor in the foreclosure rate. I'm glad you like the area but I would say that's unrealistic.

Old 08-21-2007, 03:15 PM

21 posts, read 103,457 times
Default ptbrennan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptbrennan View Post
Arun, do you intend to imply that Laveen has a lower crime rate than the east valley? That seems rather reckless in this forum.

I live near 51st and Baseline and would love to have you as a neighbor. .
which subdivision do you live in. my husband and I were checking out the gated on on the golf course and really liked it. wondering which one you are in by 51st and baseline? But we liked that whole area anyway so we figured we would be pretty happy in any of those subdivisions.
We think the same way you do....look at all the potential for growth....I prefer to remain optimistic about laveen and we are certainly going for it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area