Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 01:42 AM

45 posts, read 177,429 times

Advertisements

What is the best Indian Buffet or Indian restaurant with lunch buffet in the Phoenix metro area?

I'm in North Phoenix.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2011, 05:46 AM

6,408 posts, read 9,026,634 times
The Dhaba in Tempe is great. I'd also suggest a search on Yelp.

Old 09-27-2011, 09:30 AM

26 posts, read 51,976 times
http://royal-taj.com/ on university is the bomb, really enjoyed their buffet

Old 09-27-2011, 10:56 AM

19,465 posts, read 27,980,465 times
Indian Delhi Palace - 50th & McDowell

Very pretty inside, too.

Old 04-23-2013, 11:53 AM

800 posts, read 1,917,025 times
Bump:

Got a hankerin' for some great Indian food. In North Phoenix, specifically close to northwest Phoenix/north Glendale/north Peoria - even Surprise or Sun City. Any really good Indian buffets? I'll even travel to North Central Phoenix - but definitely not Tempe, south Scottsdale etc. What's the best?

Old 04-23-2013, 12:45 PM

3,819 posts, read 11,974,025 times
This is the area you are looking for...

Authentic Indian Restaurant Phoenix Arizona

Place is really nice inside and the chef even has a picture with former president Bush, I guess he cooked for him once.

Old 04-23-2013, 12:58 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,702,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HX_Guy View Post
This is the area you are looking for...

Authentic Indian Restaurant Phoenix Arizona

Place is really nice inside and the chef even has a picture with former president Bush, I guess he cooked for him once.
Good find. That looks like South Indian, which I've had a hard time finding since moving here. Thanks for posting!

Old 04-23-2013, 01:08 PM

537 posts, read 1,549,527 times
Delhi Palace at University and Rural is about the only one I eat at any more. They are very nice to me and the food is delicious. Prices are reasonable and the garlic naan is great. They are normally busy, in part because of proximity to ASU. Because they are busy the food is turning quickly and you are not eating elderly chicken masala. I have loved Indian Delhi Palace 50th. St. & McDowell, Flavors of India on 16th. St. and Campbell, Guru Palace at Baseline and Gilbert. and several others on Bell Rd. They have come and gone for me. As in any restaurant, you want to be sure that things are clean and sanitary. I read the restaurant inspections regularly (at Maricopa.gov) in places where I eat. I want to know if they are culturing yogurt in the back office or defrosting chickens in buckets of water in the alley. The service is wildly different. The staff at Delhi Palace (my pick) are always running to take care of people and refill your water glass. They care. Some of the other places have surly staff that are too busy fighting with each other to even speak with you or to give you good service. I adopted a waiter (from Uzbekistan and Dubai and more) inadvertently after I gave him a Happy New Years card with a little money in it one year. He told me all about the practices in the kitchens in many of the places mentioned. Most are paid more than minimum wage because the owner rings up the tips and puts them in the register which is not an incentive to servers giving good service. They pay in cash and sometimes buy a house nearby for employees to live and sleep in. They work very hard and very long hours. The American dream is to own a restaurant, a gas station/convenience store and a motel.

Next topic...What the heck is going on with these musical Chinese super buffets? open-close-reopen-bankrupt-reopen.....

Last edited by Desertspiritsteve; 04-23-2013 at 01:20 PM..

Old 04-23-2013, 05:02 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,347,287 times
I don't like buffets and don't recommend eating them at Indian restaurants because it's usually their watered down fare that is bland and watery so i recommend ordering by the menu. But my favorite Indian restaurant in the Valley is India Grill in Tempe near the Chandler border (Elliott and Kyrene). It's amazing food and they have really good service.

Last edited by azriverfan.; 04-23-2013 at 06:06 PM..

Old 04-23-2013, 11:23 PM

391 posts, read 842,663 times
I'll give out my secret place. Indian Oven. The first time I went there I ate so much I couldn't move, it hurt so bad to move, but I wish I could fit more. Yelp, google, and trip advisor reviews should speak for itself.

Good Chinese would be what I am looking for . I've found many Chinese food buffet places they all taste the same. PF Changs is meh. Hong Kong Gourmet is probably the best buffet places I've been to, but still want really good food like what I experienced with Indian Oven.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area