Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 11:29 PM

20 posts, read 155,887 times

Advertisements

Yeah your AZ license exspires when you turn 65. When my Fiancee and I moved here from CA she had to get a Arizona lincense since she bought a car here and they didn't ask from proof of residence although we had it just in case. She just showed her just exspired Military ID and her California License, filled out a quick form, got her picture taken, sat back down, waited a few minutes and got the license.

I have yet to get mine. I still have my CA license and would hate to give it up in this state.

This is my 15th month here and I still have my CA car and plates, my registration was up in may but I renewed it since it didn't need to get smogged so I didn't have to drive to CA and change everything and get registered in AZ.

We are planning on moving to Providence, Rhode Island end of June, of course my plates exspire in May but I intend on selling my car before we move so we'll see what I can do, I dont want to have to get my car registered in AZ, and get an AZ Drivers License and go through all that just to sell my car a month later and move to Rhode Island where i don't intend on owning a car, my fiancee has her's, we should be able to get by with one depending on where we live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2007, 11:54 AM

222 posts, read 1,412,358 times
good thanks everyone for your imput and help. i am possible going overseas for a long amount of time, visiting some friends and relatives, somthing to the tune of a year and a half. i dont think i'd have trouble, but i figured an ID card wouldnt hurt to have as extra proof of who i am. But basically it looks like they're only good for a little while. I do have a drivers license and everything is good here, but it seems like here they are tightening it up. basically for primary ID they wont accept anything at all that is expired, but they will accept it as secondary ID. I remember I had my electricity turned on four years ago and i had to show them a passport and drivers license to get it on, OMG! Thanks again, take care. ~Dan~

Old 09-03-2007, 01:48 PM

44,658 posts, read 61,714,444 times
hamsandwizh...you must be Irish with the luck you have. If a cop stops you or a neighbor turns you in, you're lokking at some heavy fines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area