Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 12:16 PM

9,317 posts, read 18,794,224 times

Advertisements

nomorearizona. Have you left yet? I can't understand why people have to complain to the degree that some do when they are leaving a state they could not adjust to. We left (fled) CA to come to AZ and we are very happy here. We did not leave CA and stop in at the forum to constantly bash it. I do go to the CA forum to speak nice things about the town we left. There may not be much to praise, but we certainly do not want to bust someone elses dream of Paradise. So go and go now. Be happy where you are.

Old 09-04-2007, 01:07 PM

2,039 posts, read 6,335,976 times
Smile sorry..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Yeah, I lived in TN and thought it was "hot" too, until I started visiting AZ. People in AZ can try and convince everyone that its dry and not so bad, but thats a hunk of bologny. I left PHX/Scottsdale in June (110-115 degrees) and came back to 85 in IL, which is actually considered pretty warm. People were complaining how "hot" it was here. I laughed to myself and said "if they only knew...." Warm and humid is nowhere near as bad as extreme dry heat, mark my words. And besides, we get breaks from the humidity, it only comes in short bursts.
I'm sorry. I have to take issue with your comment about the heat and humidity. Not because I think you are wrong, but just because I think everyone reacts differently to the heat and humidity. For example, personally, I do not like the dry heat. For some ungodly reason, I don't sweat a lot. I never did. Just me I guess.
However, my daughter sweats like a maniac! She doesn't enjoy the humidity as much because she feels sticky, I, on the other hand, find it pleasurable because it makes my skin feel fantastic. I don't get sticky, it makes my skin feel normal. Dry skin people - you will have a rough (no bun intended ) time of it here. The air just sucks any moisture you have in your skin right out. A real b*tch for older women.
I don't think the low humidity with high heat is that bad. What I HATE is the fact that it's the SUNS RAYS that burn you alive. When I first moved here I couldn't understand why in the world anyone would walk around with long sleeves? Uh, it's because when your outside in the summer sun, it feels like someone taking a blowtorch to your skin! It's not the heat, it's the sun. Being in the shade (yeah it's still too hot) is better, but being the sun - Oh my god - it friggin' kills! lol

Last edited by londonbarcelona; 09-04-2007 at 01:42 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 09-04-2007, 01:36 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,571,996 times
Yeah, the sun down there sucks BIG TIME. I wear loose-fitting white long sleeve shirts when I hike down there. If you dont I think youre crazy.

Old 09-04-2007, 02:39 PM

34 posts, read 45,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
nomorearizona. Have you left yet? I can't understand why people have to complain to the degree that some do when they are leaving a state they could not adjust to. We left (fled) CA to come to AZ and we are very happy here. We did not leave CA and stop in at the forum to constantly bash it. I do go to the CA forum to speak nice things about the town we left. There may not be much to praise, but we certainly do not want to bust someone elses dream of Paradise. So go and go now. Be happy where you are.
To be quite honest it's a public service. I can't tell you how many people I know who moved to Scottsdale because they were sold on the 'dream of Paradise' as you put it (are you a realtor?) and now they hate it - HATE IT - and are stuck there and can't sell their house that is worth 10% less than they paid for it.

My interpretation of Scottsdale is that if you're utterly status conscious and must have the "right" car and "right" house and send your kids to the "right" schools and wouldn't be caught dead with a non-Rolex watch and are (or are attracted) to women with plastic surgery and those stupid huge sunglasses, you'll love Scottsdale.

People I know, most of my friends, who don't fit into that category HATE Scottsdale and hugely regret moving there. And now thanks to the housing market they're stuck for the long term.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area