Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 03:21 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,774,744 times

Advertisements

They did catch one nut up there feeding the wild pigs on his patio. I am sure someone was feeding the puppies as well. Yikes. Sad part other than the poor nappers on their patios getting bit, it cost the life of at least one of the coyotes, not sure about the other two.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2012, 03:34 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,630,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
They did catch one nut up there feeding the wild pigs on his patio. I am sure someone was feeding the puppies as well. Yikes. Sad part other than the poor nappers on their patios getting bit, it cost the life of at least one of the coyotes, not sure about the other two.
That's the problem, feeding wild animals is just baiting them to get shot.

Old 03-15-2012, 05:02 PM

39,122 posts, read 51,371,476 times
The coyotes where I live are friendly. Many of them wear bandanas around their necks in winter to please the Canadians.

Old 03-15-2012, 05:08 PM

1,232 posts, read 3,139,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponderosa View Post
the coyotes where i live are friendly. Many of them wear bandanas around their necks in winter to please the canadians.
haha!

Old 03-15-2012, 05:23 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,334,222 times
Doesn't surprise me. I've always found it weird that the big luxury homes in nice neighborhoods are out in the middle of the desert near coyotes, snakes, havelinas, and scorpions. No Thanks! I don't get it. It's all over the Valley. I don't like it when havelinas go through your trash or when you have an occasional diamondback slide accross your driveway. You guys can live out there. It's only a matter of time when the snakes congregate and decide to invade next. It's a conspiracy. Theyve unionized

Old 03-15-2012, 07:14 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,630,288 times
Well, I saw a coyote strolling down Alma School towards Chandler Heights Rd. the other day. It really took us by surprise. There everywhere when they are hungry or thirsty. I was hoping he wasn't going to the big park to visit the ballplayers as that was my destination. I'm use to seeing them out by me, but that was a bit of a surprise for sure.

Old 03-15-2012, 07:28 PM

391 posts, read 789,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
The coyotes where I live are friendly. Many of them wear bandanas around their necks in winter to please the Canadians.
hahaha. But..... I'm from a part of Canada where we are not so nice to coyotes if they become dangerous.
Sask. offers $20 bounty on coyotes - Saskatchewan - CBC News

Old 03-15-2012, 07:35 PM

39,122 posts, read 51,371,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjd2k View Post
hahaha. But..... I'm from a part of Canada where we are not so nice to coyotes if they become dangerous.
Sask. offers $20 bounty on coyotes - Saskatchewan - CBC News
So do you say co-yotes or co-yo-tes.

Old 03-15-2012, 10:22 PM

391 posts, read 789,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
So do you say co-yotes or co-yo-tes.
ki-yo-tes play hockey
ki-yotes are kinda like a dog.

Old 03-15-2012, 10:52 PM

8,048 posts, read 12,306,588 times
There is an increased presence of coyotes in neighborhoods because of the lack of winter moisture. Very little rainfall for plant life, and no ponds or streams. Anytime there is a dry winter, there will be more desert wildlife making their presence known in suburban areas during the spring ... and even many established areas in cities like Phoenix, Scottsdale, Tempe, Glendale, and Mesa will see more of these animals. There have even been a few coyote sightings in my area over the past few weeks.

It is pretty stupid to feed coyotes. They are not domesticated dogs ... they are wild animals, and can be dangerous. Coyotes have been known to attack cats, small dogs, and even people. The best thing to do when seeing a coyote is to keep away from it and go inside if possible. Most of all, keep pets (especially cats) inside. They shouldn't be outside anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area