Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 06:28 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,344,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Entering the country illegally or remaining after a visa expires is not a crime - it is a civil violation, like a camera ticket. Doing so after you have been deported is a felony, though. Second timers were not mentioned in the announcement of who they were not going to deport the other day, so they better stay away from the protests.
Not true. It is a crime, always was, but can be treated like a civil action.

Old 03-23-2012, 06:39 PM

19 posts, read 30,547 times
God bless the man......he has illegals scared as they should be and has stood up to those who would see our once great country overrun with invaders who are bankrupting our schools, hospitals and infrastructure...now he is onto legitimate questions regarding Obama's birth certificate and I, for one, admire him for doing so.
By the way, illegals from south of the border are not a race, so how can you have racism? Checkmate.

Old 03-23-2012, 06:43 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,713,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I'd agree if those punks took their cause to Mexico. They deserve to be deported if here illegally.
Great point, Packard Fan . . .

If these THUGS were to spend as much time and energy "fixing" the inequities in Mexico this would be a non-issue thereby allowing Sheriff Joe to spend his resources on important issues.

Old 03-23-2012, 06:46 PM

39,081 posts, read 51,259,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Pickering View Post
Not true. It is a crime, always was, but can be treated like a civil action.
OK, I will split it with you. As I understand it, entering the country like jumping the fence is a crime but being present in the US like overstaying a visa or being brought here as and infant and not leaving, aka "illegal presence" is not a crime (merely a civil violation) under US criminal code. Both are deportable offenses though.

I have been watching today's march on the news. Looks pretty peaceful to me with everyone on the walkways. I also noticed that a very large percentage of the kids are blonde and/or light skinned. Maybe they are Canadian illegals, eh?

Old 03-23-2012, 07:01 PM

6,069 posts, read 14,784,370 times
There are a lot of people who have nothing better to do than to jump on a bandwagon and go protest. I don't think a peaceful demonstration is a good excuse for illegals, no matter how they got here, to protest the laws of this country. They have no civil rights.

Old 03-23-2012, 07:03 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,771,062 times
I wish Arpaio would do his job and leave the showboating aside.

I wish folks didn't "protest" because all it does is give Arpaio more and more publicity, and that just pleases him to no end. The man has personality issues.

Old 03-23-2012, 07:11 PM

39,081 posts, read 51,259,863 times
Are those puppets or whatever they are carrying supposed to look like Arpaio? He is no where near that good looking.

Old 03-23-2012, 07:59 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,771,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Are those puppets or whatever they are carrying supposed to look like Arpaio? He is no where near that good looking.
ROTFLMAO!!!

Can't rep you, but thanks for the laugh!

Old 03-23-2012, 10:40 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,610,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Exactly, I'm tired of the drama. During the Republican debates, I thought Mitt Romney gave very compelling solutions to help combat illegal immigration. He didn't humiliate anyone in the process. He didn't use crude language. None of this solutions involved racial profiling. Why can't our Sheriff and governor behave in the same manner? A little more professionalism would be nice from our state leaders.
You hit the nail on the head with drama! Our state has real issues to deal with regarding immigration, we border Mexico, but with all the drama it has turned a real problem into a soap opera. That brings nothing but addicts to the show who tune in weekly to see the next big event meanwhile leaving the real issues in the dust. I agree with you on all points, at least Mitt can convey a message without it looking like a try out for the next reality t.v. show. I think these days people are looking for hype or an adrenal rush in politics when that leads to the opposite of productivity. It just enables everyone to gloss over the real underlying issues which I might add are still here.

Old 03-23-2012, 11:00 PM

784 posts, read 923,601 times
The law is the law and ought to be respected as such.

There is only one reason the dems are supporting the illegals and that is for their votes...which time and time again proven they put ideology before country.

10 years from now Arizona will be a shining star in the country if they continue this fight and don't surrender its borders to the liberals. The people that want the illegal immigration to continue and amnesty aren't the producers you want to attract anyways......its in your best interest to discourage them from coming to Arizona.

Illinois had a chance in their last election to turn things around, instead they voted in another liberal dem who immediately imposed a 66% increase to the state income taxt to solve a 8 billion dollar hole....one year after a 7 billion dollar increase in taxes we are now 15 billion dollars in the hole.

We have now lost many companies and planned expansions have been moved to other states. We have also lost a lot of our producing, tax paying high earners to other states as well....don't let them do this to Arizona.

They can have California, Illinois, Michigan and New Jersey.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area