Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 06:06 PM

1 posts, read 2,528 times

Advertisements

What are the streets that surround the Biltmore area (like intersections?) I'm trying to find a duplex in that area and want to make sure I know it's in a good area before anything else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2012, 06:50 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,398,231 times
I don't know that there's an official definition. For me, it runs from 20th to 32nd Streets, Camelback to Bethany Home, with the fringes around that, particularly to the north and east, but also to the northwest, still quite nice areas.

Old 04-10-2012, 06:56 PM

197 posts, read 453,771 times
It's basically from 24th street to 32nd street, and Camelback to Missouri now. That used to be the boundaries but I noticed that the Camelback corridor is slowly being taken down by pan handlers. Plus it seems like retailers are starting to vacate the area and moving further into Scottsdale.

Old 04-10-2012, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stasi_crystals View Post
It's basically from 24th street to 32nd street, and Camelback to Missouri now. That used to be the boundaries but I noticed that the Camelback corridor is slowly being taken down by pan handlers. Plus it seems like retailers are starting to vacate the area and moving further into Scottsdale.

I haven't seen ANY panhandlers in that stretch of Camelback. Further west, perhaps. As far as retailers, Biltmore Fashion Park looks pretty full, as does the Colonnade area. If the OP can find a duplex in that area, the area is not a concern.

Old 04-11-2012, 05:46 PM

14 posts, read 24,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
I haven't seen ANY panhandlers in that stretch of Camelback. Further west, perhaps. As far as retailers, Biltmore Fashion Park looks pretty full, as does the Colonnade area. If the OP can find a duplex in that area, the area is not a concern.
BFP for sure but that poor Esplanade area across the street is dead sans the upstairs theater. Most of the restaurants there are gone now and on a Fri or Sat night you're easily walking alone until you get up the escalators.

Old 04-11-2012, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catastrophy View Post
BFP for sure but that poor Esplanade area across the street is dead sans the upstairs theater. Most of the restaurants there are gone now and on a Fri or Sat night you're easily walking alone until you get up the escalators.
It isn't like the area is run down or unsafe. THAT is the OP's question.

Old 04-11-2012, 06:15 PM

14 posts, read 24,790 times
Quote:
It isn't like the area is run down or unsafe. THAT is the OP's question.
"Good" is a subjective term and doesn't necessarily only involve safety or building conditions. It's certainly a better area than most but let's not feed the OP only the half-truth.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:44 PM

35 posts, read 69,133 times
The Biltmore District runs from 24 Street to 32 Street. South to North from Camelback/ Highland to Lincoln Drive. The area changes rapidly outside these boundaries

Old 04-12-2012, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catastrophy View Post
"Good" is a subjective term and doesn't necessarily only involve safety or building conditions. It's certainly a better area than most but let's not feed the OP only the half-truth.

Okay, but to focus on vacancies in the smaller Esplanade, (where you can't even see from the road that there IS a shopping area of any kind) when the huge center just across the road is as busy as ever, doesn't paint an accurate picture either. When people say they live, or work, in the "Biltmore area", that gives a positive impression overall.

Old 04-12-2012, 06:38 PM

197 posts, read 453,771 times
Quote:
I get pan handled everytime I walk past the Colonnade, although I thinks its by the same bums. BFP maybe full but majority of the boutiques it used to hold like Gucci, Betsey Johnson, and restaurants like the Bamboo Club have relocated to Scottsdale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area