Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2012, 01:02 PM

2,420 posts, read 4,383,624 times

Advertisements

I have a beautiful 2 bedroom 2 1/2 bath home located in a very desirable retirement area in Ahwatukee. Kind of Spanish Hacienda style with great fireplace. It has been completely remodeled (1610 sq.ft)
with a most gorgeous back yard with lots of trees and landscaping. I have put so much money in it and have even considered selling possibly furnished as it is decorated like a model home.

My thinking is I should wait until Jan to put it on the market, as that is when all the snow birds come in, and it will undoubtedly be a retirement home for someone. I am coming out there in the dead of summer but thinking this is not the best time to put it on the market. I know for younger families, the summer can be good because people who have kids usually like to relocate end of school year, but in my case this will not apply.

Any realtors reading who might give me a heads up on it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2012, 01:21 PM

5,035 posts, read 9,251,056 times
I'm sure someone will be by to reply to your question, but I can tell you that many snowbirds are already heading back here in October.

Old 04-14-2012, 01:59 PM

6,069 posts, read 14,814,238 times
The selling season in the PHoenix area begins in January and peaks in June. If you put it on the market by May, it should sell very quickly.

Old 04-14-2012, 02:20 PM

1,232 posts, read 3,142,117 times
Homes do sell year 'round here, too. The more people who hold off and wait for Jan., the less competition your's has in June. I say sell it when it's most convenient for you to sell it.

Old 04-15-2012, 04:53 PM

1,533 posts, read 1,596,519 times
The 3 zip codes that make up the Ahwatukee/Foothills area would normally have 400-600 active listings in a normal market. That would include multi million dollar homes to one bedroom condos and everything in between. When I checked today, there are only 154 active listings and out of those, only 6 are listed as age restricted, or retirement.

I think it depends on when a good time for you is. There isn't any competition out there for you right now, so go for it. But I would agree that normally the "season" for snowbirds can start as early as October, peaks in January or February and is usually done by early May.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: