Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2012, 02:49 PM

66 posts, read 132,571 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I am wondering if there are any swimming pools open to the public near San Tan Valley. We are not interested in the YMCA, because it is kind of far from where we live. Also, the 75.00 a month didn't seem worth it to our family. We do not have pool in our sub division either. I know there are some nice pools in Chandler and Gilbert, but see that they don't open until the end of May. Is there anything available before that? Thank you for any help with this!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2012, 12:28 PM

1 posts, read 5,671 times
Unhappy Wondering the same thing...

Why is there nowhere to swim in San Tan Valley?!?! It's such a pain to have to drive 45 minutes to go to the pool for an hour or so. It's so frustrating... San Tan Valley seems like the "red headed step child" of Arizona. We don't have anything. Queen Creek library is about 10 minutes from me. But they changed our city to San Tan Valley and now I can't use it anymore. I have to drive about 30 minutes now for that and go to Apache Junction.

Old 06-11-2012, 12:48 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,398,231 times
San Tan Valley is unincorporated; any facilities such as you describe would have to be provided by Pinal County. You should contact the county Parks department to see if there are any plans on the horizon for a pool. As far as the library, I think we had a thread on that issue earlier.

Edit: here you go: https://www.city-data.com/forum/phoen...ustration.html There are some posts there on library issues and about how the infrastructure can lag behind the population.

Old 06-11-2012, 01:30 PM

1,707 posts, read 4,340,051 times
This type of thing (not the pool or library specifically) is exactly why when I was looking to buy in 2008 I chose Casa Grande over STV or Maricopa. I work from home so commute wasnt an issue and all three were in basically the same price ranges...but CG had so much more infrastructure already in place over the others I decided this was best...

I wouldnt count on too many additional recreation services being put in by Pinal County - they are pretty broke and the people of STV are already trying to incorporate to get better services, but the adjoining cities wouldnt allow it during the recession (since they would also lose some taxes I guess - dumbest law I ever saw that nearby cities can nix what an unincorporated area wants to do..). So, Im sure the county wont make recreation a high priority since Im sure at the next opportunity the people will incorporate anyway.

Old 06-12-2012, 06:41 AM

66 posts, read 132,571 times
I don't think there is a parks and recreation department for San Tan Valley so it will be awhile before we get anything like a pool or nice public park. The high schools seem nice looking, I don't know why none of them have swimming pools. I guess it's probably money. We have been driving the 45 minutes to Mesquite groves in Chandler, but I hate driving out knowing that we may not even get in because residents with passes have priority over non residents. Tinkerbell, I feel the same way about this and the library thing.

Old 06-12-2012, 07:22 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,398,231 times
The parks department would at this point be Pinal County, until STV gets incorporated.

Old 06-12-2012, 09:16 AM

1,123 posts, read 3,056,482 times
Click HERE for an awesome, inexpensive pool, that isn't that far from San Tan Valley.

Old 06-12-2012, 03:38 PM

168 posts, read 456,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by el1zabeth View Post
I don't think there is a parks and recreation department for San Tan Valley so it will be awhile before we get anything like a pool or nice public park. The high schools seem nice looking, I don't know why none of them have swimming pools. I guess it's probably money. We have been driving the 45 minutes to Mesquite groves in Chandler, but I hate driving out knowing that we may not even get in because residents with passes have priority over non residents. Tinkerbell, I feel the same way about this and the library thing.
I was just at Mesquite pool recently (the one at Basha High School) and I wasn't asked for a pass or proof of residency. I think they just asked for my zip code. Couldn't you just "forget" your real zip code and "accidentally" give them a Chandler zip code? Not that I'm condoning lying... That said, I was there for an hour and they closed the pool b/c a kid pooped in it so we left. I've only been there one other time, the year it opened, and the same thing happened. Gotta love public pools

Not sure what your budget is, but you can join the Seville Country Club. You don't have to live in the development to join. It's not terribly cheap, but you get access to 3 great pools that are rarely crowded, and also the gym and lots of year-round member activities. Just an idea
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area