Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 11:41 AM

8,000 posts, read 17,359,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddy1966 View Post
I’m from Arizona and they’re still clamping down on Illegal’s. As far as Phoenix I wouldn’t move there because some one gets shot or stabbed every day there. The crime rate is really high.

I'm not sure that is true, and Arizona is still cracking down and so are the Feds. The crime rate is high, but not all because of Hispanics. The drug use among non-Hispanic Anglos is very high. Not all illegals are Latino. The Caucuses are contributing their share.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2012, 11:49 AM

621 posts, read 1,335,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdr0710 View Post
nobody has asked if this ("actively searching") will really affect you if you move here.....are you concerned about being busted?.....or are you in favor of the "searching"?....thanks
I am in favor of Illegals being sought out and deported.

It's ridiculous to support them....That's the reason I want out of Texas.....

They actually put up day labor centers here just for them....It's stupid

I'm glad Arizona is doing something about it and I will be headed that way Wednesday to start looking around Phoenix

Old 04-29-2012, 11:51 AM

621 posts, read 1,335,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Yes, along with the big increases in border patrol agents. But they won't deport busboys and landscape workers and those are the illegals most of us see from day to day. So we get the impression that less is being done than really is.
If they are reported to Immigration...They have to investigate and deport if they are illegal

Old 04-29-2012, 11:56 AM

17,915 posts, read 43,472,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdahunt View Post
Didn't they issue a moritorium on deportations recently?

How does one just decide they are no longer going to inforce the laws?
Not that I can find. I've heard nothing about that, and I did some searching in response to your post.

Old 04-29-2012, 12:13 PM

There is no moratorium

Old 04-29-2012, 12:35 PM

2,879 posts, read 7,787,970 times
If Justice Scalia's line of questioning is any indicator......they better start liquidating.

Old 04-29-2012, 12:55 PM

5,035 posts, read 9,237,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
Not that I can find. I've heard nothing about that, and I did some searching in response to your post.
I don't know about a moritorium, but they don't just get picked up and sent home.

U.S. Senate: Illegal Aliens Must Commt Three DUI's Before They Can Be Deported

8,000 Felonious Illegal Aliens For Deportation Were Released For Past 2 Years (http://www.examiner.com/article/8-000-felonious-illegal-aliens-for-deportations-were-released-for-past-2-years - broken link)

DHS Clueless About Unauthorized Foreigners In US

DHS Border Patrol Arrest Statistics Underestimate Illegal Immigration

ICE Admits Releasing Alleged Child Rapist

Rise In Local, Federal Perks For Illegal Aliens

NY Legislators Ponder Free College Degree For Illegal Aliens

Arizona Immigration Protesters Won't Face Deportation

Illegals Get Standing Ovation

Breitbart.tv » ‘Undocumented And Unafraid’ ICE Won’t Deport Illegal Aliens Who Shouted Down NC Democracy

Old 04-29-2012, 02:05 PM

17,915 posts, read 43,472,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyDee View Post
I don't know about a moritorium, but they don't just get picked up and sent home.

U.S. Senate: Illegal Aliens Must Commt Three DUI's Before They Can Be Deported

8,000 Felonious Illegal Aliens For Deportation Were Released For Past 2 Years (http://www.examiner.com/article/8-000-felonious-illegal-aliens-for-deportations-were-released-for-past-2-years - broken link)

DHS Clueless About Unauthorized Foreigners In US

DHS Border Patrol Arrest Statistics Underestimate Illegal Immigration

ICE Admits Releasing Alleged Child Rapist

Rise In Local, Federal Perks For Illegal Aliens

NY Legislators Ponder Free College Degree For Illegal Aliens

Arizona Immigration Protesters Won't Face Deportation

Illegals Get Standing Ovation

Breitbart.tv » ‘Undocumented And Unafraid’ ICE Won’t Deport Illegal Aliens Who Shouted Down NC Democracy
No, there is a process, but there's no moratorium. It's not a secret that ICE doesn't deport everyone that local law enforcement picks up on some other basis and then learns that they are undocumented and turns over to ICE.

Old 04-29-2012, 03:07 PM

Florence actually has a prison just for ICE. It's full and waiting for the Bus.

Old 04-29-2012, 04:43 PM

737 posts, read 1,150,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
Well, the Obama administration holds the record for the number of deportations. Pretty busy ostrich!
The more important number would be the percentage of illegals deported. If he deports twice as many as before, but five times as many are (were) coming over, it doesn't mean much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area