Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 05:07 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,275,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Just pray you never have to return anything to Fry's Electronics. A nightmare.

As far as Costco, I get 2% back on my purchases, which more than reimburses me for the membership fee.

You can also have a Costco member buy Costco Cash Giftcards, and the holder of those cards does not have to be a member of Costco to use them, hence saving the membership fee.
I have returned a few items such as a computer to Fry's and never had a problem? The only thing you have to watch is that the item you buy is not refurbished which may not have the same return policy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2012, 05:08 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,275,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadyFreddy View Post
I talked to Frys about refrigerators recently. They said they match internet prices but they also said the prices you see on Frys.com are not THEIR prices (just Frys.com prices) and are not available in stores. There was also something about the posted sale prices in the store were only good on 'in stock' merchandise, so the frig I wanted, that was on Frys.com, and in the store for that amount, wasn't really available for that amount because they didn't have one 'in stock'. I gave up.
That is strange. You can go to any item on Frys.com and order it at that price, and pick it up locally within 20 minutes as long as it is in stock. I have done exactly that a few times.

Old 04-29-2012, 05:16 PM

1,232 posts, read 3,136,856 times
I readily admit it made no sense to me. But I had some extenuating circumstances... I was trying to buy a frig that I could take delivery on several weeks later, after a move. I might have also been trying to use their 'x months same as cash' deal. And I didn't want to haul it home from the store myself. For TVs it might all be simpler. Their prices were very competitive.

Old 04-29-2012, 08:38 PM

6,341 posts, read 14,710,858 times
For really big TV's, you can't beat Costco. Every LCD tv has an "allowable" number of bad pixels, while that doesn't make them "defective" according to the manufacturer, if those bad pixels are noticeable to you, you'll want to return it, even though it isn't technically defective. At Costco, it's quick & painless, at Fry's, they'll make you feel like a felon for returning a $3 cable. Costco's electronics all come with a 2 year warranty, without a hassle, which would cost more elsewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: