Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 07:15 AM

66 posts, read 204,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumblina View Post
You can't - it's impossible. On average it's about an hour and 15 minutes. However, you can get from northern QC to Scottsdale in about 45 to 55 minutes in rush hour (taking mainly surface streets). I have tested these drives many times. Maricopa to Phoenix is do-able in about an hour, although I'd say on an average it's also an hour and 15 minutes.
What about using the 'Rapid Service' bus?

What about the new Metro Light Rail supposed to oped Dec. 2008?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2007, 11:02 AM

3,632 posts, read 16,177,626 times
Thanks for the clarification. I knew it takes longer as it's just SO FAR OUT THERE! I don't even think this person, who quoted the drive times, lives in Phx.

Which part of QC is the northern area? Where I went last night was way down off of Hunt Hwy. The development is San Tan Heights. I just can't imagine what that place looks like during rush hour?!?!?!

Old 09-30-2007, 02:09 PM

609 posts, read 2,119,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikorock28 View Post
I agree, 45-55 minutes is not realistic at all. I know a few people who live in the Johnson Ranch area of Queen Creek and they say it takes them at least 45 mins to get into Chandler/Mesa and over one hr during busy times. Certainly, even with nobody on the road, it would take at least one hr to get into Phoenix. Forget about it during rush hour. I would not live in Queen Creek if you work in Phoenix. The commute to Chandler, Mesa, Gilbert might work for you, but anything further wouldn't be doable in my humble opinion (not for me anyways... my tolerance for commute time is no more than 30 minutes!)

EDIT: I also do not see how you can get from Maricopa to Phx in 40 mins during rush hour. I had to drive on the I-10 one day and it is was a parking lot once I got into Chandler. I was just glad I was getting off! I don't know how people tolerate such commutes on a daily basis.

Wow the people on this board need to take a chill pill. All times said "ABOUT"

Old 09-30-2007, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregandvicky View Post
Wow the people on this board need to take a chill pill. All times said "ABOUT"
Take a look back at your post, QC doesn't say about. QC is NOT a 45-55 min commute- not even close. That's very misleading.

Old 09-30-2007, 09:02 PM

647 posts, read 3,342,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sablebaby View Post
Thanks for the clarification. I knew it takes longer as it's just SO FAR OUT THERE! I don't even think this person, who quoted the drive times, lives in Phx.

Which part of QC is the northern area? Where I went last night was way down off of Hunt Hwy. The development is San Tan Heights. I just can't imagine what that place looks like during rush hour?!?!?!
San Tan Heights is nuts during rush hour. Hunt Hwy is a long, two lane parking lot. You couldn't pay me enough to make that commute every morning.

Old 09-30-2007, 10:35 PM

14 posts, read 49,085 times
can you be more specific? or do we have to think for you as: - size - location - year build- new one - aso

Old 10-01-2007, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatdrinks View Post
San Tan Heights is nuts during rush hour. Hunt Hwy is a long, two lane parking lot. You couldn't pay me enough to make that commute every morning.
I thought it would be nuts, as it was nuts on a Saturday.

Old 10-01-2007, 09:54 AM

2,039 posts, read 6,327,283 times
Quote:
You can actually find new homes even though small, in Queen Creek, Florence, Casa Grande, Az City, all 25 to 50 miles from downtown starting in the $120,000's
50 miles. What the???? The traffic alone would take them at least 2 hours to get downtown.
LIVE NEAR YOUR JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-01-2007, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nichole&Troy View Post
What suburb would you recommend that is close to phoenix
Scottsdale. Northeast Phoenix. Chandler. Tempe. Gilbert.
Good Luck.

Old 10-01-2007, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Queen Creek is a 45 tp 55 minute commute.
Florence is about 55 to 60 minute commute
Maricopa is about 40 minute commute.

All have nice homes, but to get inexpensive you will have to drive a little.
I wouldn't recommend Maricopa unless you are fluent in Spanish. Sorry. I don't mean to offend anyone. But it is well over 50% Hispanic and has one of the highest concentrations of Spanish speaking neighborhoods. Not that that's a bad thing...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area