Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 12:48 PM

5 posts, read 11,841 times

Advertisements

I'm a dentist thinking about making a move to Phoenix. Do dentists do well in Phoenix or should I stay in rural Pennsylvania? Please help I need advise...preferably from other dentists.
We have two boys 7 and 12 and we would live in the Desert Vista School District. I may open a dental office in the Casa Grande area or associate with a dentist in Chandler/Gilbert area.

Any advise would be helpful! Thanks!

Last edited by cade-liam; 09-30-2007 at 01:01 PM.. Reason: misspelled phoenix in title
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2007, 12:56 PM

5 posts, read 11,841 times
Default How are dentists doing in Phoenix?

We're considering moving to Phoenix. I would llike to open a dental office in the Casa Grande area.

We have 2 boys 7 and 12 and we would live in the Desert Vista School District.

We now live in Northwestern Pennsylvania which although very depressed....there are a lot of people here who have bad teeth!

My dental practice here is doing great but I have a buyer for a good price...should I sell?

Please advise quickly as I have to decide asap.

Thanks for your advise!

Old 09-30-2007, 02:09 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,747,810 times
Is it wise to make a decision so quickly that could have such an impact on your life? You might want to hop on a plane and spend a couple of days here.
According to some of the people posting on this site, we are not as pretty as PA.
We came from a very green and cold area and made at least a dozen trips over here to explore the different areas. Your family may not like it, especially your children. I hope you do find it to your liking and I would think a dental practice with all the growth here, would do very well. Best of luck to you.

Old 09-30-2007, 03:30 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,651,499 times
If you are choosing the Casa Grande area to open your Dental practice - my advice, stay in Penn. Quite perplexed. Why would you want to go to Casa Grande of all places to open one as opposed to Phoenix? The "silicone and veneer minded" are *here* in Phoenix - *not* Casa Grande.

Old 09-30-2007, 05:34 PM

343 posts, read 552,595 times
What?? Come on, you are asking others to see what you can make of your life?? Please! Figure it out just like you do in Pennsylvania. It's whatever you make of it, not if it's possible to do or not to do. Sheesh! This place is great for small businesses but that depends if you are willing to get out and make it happen!

Old 09-30-2007, 06:19 PM

8,320 posts, read 13,450,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice Nice Baby! View Post
What?? Come on, you are asking others to see what you can make of your life?? Please! Figure it out just like you do in Pennsylvania. It's whatever you make of it, not if it's possible to do or not to do. Sheesh! This place is great for small businesses but that depends if you are willing to get out and make it happen!
Harsh Harsh Baby!

Old 09-30-2007, 08:44 PM
jco

2,121 posts, read 6,451,949 times
I merged these threads because they were the same topic asked by the same poster.

Old 10-01-2007, 10:11 AM

2,039 posts, read 6,323,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cade-liam View Post
We're considering moving to Phoenix. I would llike to open a dental office in the Casa Grande area.

We have 2 boys 7 and 12 and we would live in the Desert Vista School District.

We now live in Northwestern Pennsylvania which although very depressed....there are a lot of people here who have bad teeth!

My dental practice here is doing great but I have a buyer for a good price...should I sell?

Please advise quickly as I have to decide asap.

Thanks for your advise!
There are A LOT of dentists here. Many are already established. Casa Grande would be a place to set up shop, but it is not a very populated nor wealthy area so I doubt they care if they have perfect teeth. As a regular dentist perhaps, but looking to be a cosmetic dentist? Seems like all the dentists here are cosmetic dentists... (Like the crazy movie star look). I would do your homework first before moving out here. You will no doubt find patients as this is an ever growing area.

Old 10-03-2007, 11:43 AM

6 posts, read 13,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by londonbarcelona View Post
There are A LOT of dentists here. Many are already established. Casa Grande would be a place to set up shop, but it is not a very populated nor wealthy area so I doubt they care if they have perfect teeth. As a regular dentist perhaps, but looking to be a cosmetic dentist? Seems like all the dentists here are cosmetic dentists... (Like the crazy movie star look). I would do your homework first before moving out here. You will no doubt find patients as this is an ever growing area.
Well, I don't know where you find your information, but there are big custom homes being built in Casa Grande and there are a lot of people living there! The population has grown considerably in the last few years. Though I see a lot of dental offices around town, depending on insurance carriers, it could provide more options to people. There's always people moving in to town. I did a search for dentists that carry my insurance and found only 4. I just moved there from Maricopa. I don't recommend opening an office in Maricopa. There's already a zillion dentists there. Dentists and pizza joints.

Old 10-03-2007, 11:47 AM

6 posts, read 13,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
If you are choosing the Casa Grande area to open your Dental practice - my advice, stay in Penn. Quite perplexed. Why would you want to go to Casa Grande of all places to open one as opposed to Phoenix? The "silicone and veneer minded" are *here* in Phoenix - *not* Casa Grande.
Maybe he's not a cosmetic dentist. That's a very stereotypical remark. In fact, a practice can do quite well especially if people have less than perfect teeth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area