Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 04:38 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,348,984 times
I still don't know what law Joe broke in investigating the birth issue. (Remember the original java Jolt post).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Java Jolt View Post
... ...
With this birth certificate issue alone, Joe Arpaio is the lawbreaker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2012, 05:36 PM

6,341 posts, read 14,698,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Pickering View Post
And you don't think those political enemies are the ones who are causing the $50,000,000 in suits? Joe is not losing very many of them, so just who is costing $50,000,000. The ones suing or the one being sued for political reasons?
Seriously?

Joe's pet prosecutor gets disbarred for his behavior, Joe doesn't remember *anything* when he's called to testify, and it's somehow the victim's fault?

Please.

Old 07-18-2012, 05:59 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,611,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippyman View Post
Seriously?

Joe's pet prosecutor gets disbarred for his behavior, Joe doesn't remember *anything* when he's called to testify, and it's somehow the victim's fault?

Please.
Didn't his under sheriff get in trouble? yeah, Joe is a stand up guy. It is amazing what people will turn a blind eye to. That is what Nazi Germany was...

Old 07-18-2012, 06:41 PM

603 posts, read 946,771 times
Those of you upset at Joe holding this press conference are often the same people upset with his political party's extremism & nonsense out here. I think if you saw the polling data regarding "birther" claims, you would want Joe to hold 10 press conferences a day.

Seriously, if you have moderate conservative or registered independent friends, you should talk to them frequently about Sheriff Joe's birther investigation, Ken Bennett's birther investigation, & Jan Brewer's finger wag. Not voting in November is a legitimate way for them to protest their political party's jump into the deep end.

**Those of you who like Sheriff Joe, please ignore this post.**

Old 07-18-2012, 06:44 PM

1,108 posts, read 3,323,079 times
This thread is in the wrong place. It belongs in the politics forum not here.

Old 07-18-2012, 07:07 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,446,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Charles_ View Post
This thread is in the wrong place. It belongs in the politics forum not here.
Local politics does not, in fact, belong in the P and OC forum.

Old 07-18-2012, 07:27 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,461,596 times
I think the birth certificate crap is a little crazy, but the way he handles his county and does his best to keep out illegals God Bless him!!

If Joe wasn't here, and Arizona was liberal ,Arizona especially Phoenix would be well on its way to looking like LA which = dump.Take a look at Tucson.

Last edited by chazk14; 07-18-2012 at 07:36 PM..

Old 07-18-2012, 07:29 PM

83 posts, read 105,827 times
With Sheriff Joe,,I agree with some things that hes done but he definately abuses his power. Its that mentality of "My way or the Highway" and the fact no one can disagree with him. Moderator cut: crude

Last edited by Kimballette; 07-18-2012 at 08:01 PM.. Reason: crude

Old 07-18-2012, 09:59 PM

675 posts, read 1,416,061 times
As I stated previously, I've never been a birther nor a fan of the requirement of Article 2 that candidates must be born here...
But, it is the law, like it or not... and I would like to find a document forensics expert who is a supporter of Obama and hear their thoughts on this forensic investigation done by this Garrett Papit guy...

http://www.mcso.org/MultiMedia/Press...l%20Report.pdf

It can be a tedious read, but I understood a good amount of it... my conclusion is either this forensic report is fabricated or the birth certificate is... I honestly have no idea which one is, but it would be interesting to hear the report details addressed by someone with expertise in the subject.

Old 07-18-2012, 10:08 PM

603 posts, read 946,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinSonic View Post
I think the birth certificate crap is a little crazy...
Now that Joe's lost his 287(g) federal immigration money, and he owes a ton of money from the lawsuits against him and Andy Thomas, he's going to be spending all his time on birther investigations. He can't afford to keep doing his immigration sweeps like he used to. His Steven Segal stunt didn't give him much attention, but the birther thing continues giving him and Arizona national (even international) press coverage...and it's cheap.

That's the thing about voting for these people. If you like Joe's past immigration enforcement, you're going to get birther news conferences from now on. If you like Jan's budget, you're going to get her finger wagging too. If you like the AZ GOP's immigration policy, you're going to get Russell Pearce elected to party leadership pushing guns in universities. If you like John McCain "maverick" reputation, you're going to get Sarah Palin.

They keep winning, so they keep going. The people talking about birth certificates keep getting votes, so they're not going to slow it down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area