Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 12:08 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,274,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Definitely, SierraAZ . . . but I am no longer working in the industry so you're safe! ! ! ! !
Then you must've gotten out of the industry on time! Good for you.

Old 10-06-2007, 10:57 AM

9,603 posts, read 31,758,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Then you must've gotten out of the industry on time! Good for you.
I guess so, SierraAZ.

Dealing with the crazies and nutcases was lots of fun and definitely made for an exciting work environment until it started to "rub-off" and then . . . ! ! ! !

Hehehe!

All joking aside, the latest reports are the family has hired an "ambulance chaser" and a lawsuit is pending!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm . . . who saw that one coming?

Old 10-06-2007, 11:27 AM

788 posts, read 2,113,079 times
Quote:
I guess so, SierraAZ.

Dealing with the crazies and nutcases was lots of fun and definitely made for an exciting work environment until it started to "rub-off" and then . . . ! ! ! !

Hehehe!

All joking aside, the latest reports are the family has hired an "ambulance chaser" and a lawsuit is pending!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm . . . who saw that one coming?
Of course there's going to be a lawsuit. Hopefully the judge will have common sense, barring any true incriminating evidence against Phoenix PD, and will dismiss the case.

I didn't know that her husband tried to call. Did he actually call any earlier than an hour after her death, or is the emergency system at Sky Harbor really that slow? There are paging phones all over the place. That makes it seem as though the phone system should be able to route an emergency call to the police a lot faster than that. Time to check phone records?

He might not have known where his wife was, though I doubt it. I would think that a supportive husband would accompany his wife to rehab, and if he couldn't, get someone who could. Weird.

Old 10-06-2007, 01:47 PM
RCR

264 posts, read 910,942 times
The husband's first phone call was logged in 70 minutes after her death. If you haven't seen the videos you should watch them. I see nothing wrong with Police actions, it is just too bad there were no cameras in the holding cell.

Old 10-06-2007, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCR View Post
The husband's first phone call was logged in 70 minutes after her death. If you haven't seen the videos you should watch them. I see nothing wrong with Police actions, it is just too bad there were no cameras in the holding cell.
I haven't seen the videos, RCR.

However, as I posted earlier, she must have thrown a MEGA-FIT in order to be shackled and locked up.

Once again . . . where was the "loving family" when she was traveling all the way from New York ALONE?

Old 10-06-2007, 03:32 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,906,643 times
I also heard that her husband was warning somebody that she was suicidal.

I saw the video recently when police officers were trying to arrest her and I think there were 3 or 4 of them, and it looked like she was very defiant and was trying to assault the police officers, and resisting arrest, which was when they decided to handcuff her. I also believe I saw the police officers dragging her away because she refused to cooperate. If it took that many police officers to restrain her, I'd say this woman was definitely a nutcase. It's also unfortunate the outcome of this case was tragic.

Old 10-06-2007, 08:31 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,317,726 times
Quote:
[color="DarkRed"]However, as I posted earlier, she must have thrown a MEGA-FIT in order to be shackled and locked up.
She threw a Mega Fit alright - yelling, screaming, running throughout the terminal - hitting people - etc. Gate agents, TSA agents, Phoenix PD tried repeatedly to calm her down - you can see this in the video.

Old 10-06-2007, 09:52 PM

430 posts, read 1,411,424 times
Default very sad story

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Aren't you a little too quick to judge, Bummer?! Airports today can easily drive any fairly sane person insane for a good number of reasons. I can't even enjoy my vacations anymore. Just the thought of approaching an airport gives me the creeps.
I can relate to sierra though, I hate the airport experience to. I know the security is needed no doubt. But the whole process taking off your shoes, herding like cattle through the check points, never fails with my carry on tote, they have always rescreened it and I hear whos this belong to> is this yours, step over here, yikes, for just a moment this unassumming traveler is suspect, I hate that

Old 10-06-2007, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azkylady2 View Post
I can relate to sierra though, I hate the airport experience to. I know the security is needed no doubt. But the whole process taking off your shoes, herding like cattle through the check points, never fails with my carry on tote, they have always rescreened it and I hear whos this belong to> is this yours, step over here, yikes, for just a moment this unassumming traveler is suspect, I hate that
I understand, azkylady,

However, do you throw a Mega-Fit . . . attacking people including Phoenix Police Officers?

I SERIOUSLY DOUBT IT!

Old 10-07-2007, 01:04 AM

788 posts, read 2,113,079 times
Yes. Big difference between being annoyed and outraged to the point of violence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area