Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 02:21 PM

788 posts, read 2,111,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
No need for hysterics, Art. Just one medical team per airport for just such cases, at the least a nurse should have been in the room with the woman, who has authority to sedate if need be.

Aromatherapy probably not appropriate for emergency conditions, ya think??
Oh, had to add one more thing...do you realize how big Sky Harbor is? Did you know that if there's one medical team for the whole airport, and they're in one terminal it would take at least 10 minutes to get to another terminal? This lady died within 4 minutes of being placed in the cell. Unless the medical team just happened to be standing right there when it happened, there's no way they would have gotten there in time.

Old 10-09-2007, 02:37 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,716,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artliquide View Post
Oh, had to add one more thing...do you realize how big Sky Harbor is? Did you know that if there's one medical team for the whole airport, and they're in one terminal it would take at least 10 minutes to get to another terminal? This lady died within 4 minutes of being placed in the cell. Unless the medical team just happened to be standing right there when it happened, there's no way they would have gotten there in time.
Excellent point, Artliquide,

Your 10 minute minimum response time would be assuming The One Medical Team would not be involved with another Mega-Snit Throwing Nutcase.

By the way, Lilypad, are you willing to pay for this Medical Team?

Old 10-09-2007, 03:12 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,645,260 times
At least this incident, however it turns out, will make the airports more AWARE of how quickly someone/something can turn tragic. It will be interesting to see what airports do now, because of this incident. Yes, I know Sky Harbor, born there, lived there. And also how large many airports are, seen Ohare recently?!

Aj, when I took my long trip up to Oregon, I used a rental car, there are a few agencies which will allow out of state travel. So that my poor car wouldn't have so many miles, already has 150K. I got them down to $425 for two weeks. Had to stay over in motels 3 nights, so that also is a consideration. So came out about even to an airline ticket, maybe a little more. But you are in control when driving, and can stop whenever you want. There is the time consideration, but if you are retired, may not be such a problem. But was well worth it for me to drive, than a long plane ride, cramped, crowded, dirty, noisy, hungry...a little bit of third world in the air!

Old 10-09-2007, 04:57 PM

13,215 posts, read 21,842,161 times
Quote:
So came out about even to an airline ticket, maybe a little more. But you are in control when driving, and can stop whenever you want.
Well, in a car you have to stop. An airplane only takes a few hours so there's no reason to stop.

And don't forget that driving is infinitely more dangerous than flying.

That being said, driving is a great way to travel and see the country, if you have the time.

Old 10-09-2007, 08:54 PM

Location: 5 miles from the center of the universe-The Superstition Mountains
1,084 posts, read 5,791,753 times
Quote:
Aj, when I took my long trip up to Oregon, I used a rental car, there are a few agencies which will allow out of state travel. So that my poor car wouldn't have so many miles, already has 150K. I got them down to $425 for two weeks. Had to stay over in motels 3 nights, so that also is a consideration. So came out about even to an airline ticket, maybe a little more. But you are in control when driving, and can stop whenever you want. There is the time consideration, but if you are retired, may not be such a problem. But was well worth it for me to drive, than a long plane ride, cramped, crowded, dirty, noisy, hungry...a little bit of third world in the air!
I don't mind the short hops of an hour or so. Getting parked, thru the ticket line and security takes longer than the flight! But when given the choice I always drive. I drove for a living with the Highway Patrol and I never get tired of it. This trip to Great Lakes, IL is going to be straight thru. We'll have three drivers and rotating every tank of gas it isn't bad at all. I realize statistically flying is much safer and having investigated wrecks for a living I know how dangerous the highways are. Still, I feel relatively safe when I'm the "pilot".

Old 10-09-2007, 10:59 PM

2,137 posts, read 3,860,900 times
[quote=lilypad;1692442]At least this incident, however it turns out, will make the airports more AWARE of how quickly someone/something can turn tragic. UOTE]

Doubt it. There was no vid in the holding room due to aclu/privacy/lefty crazoid stuff, if I am not mistaken.

Old 10-10-2007, 07:50 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,645,260 times
Yes, the ACLU and PC crap puts everyone's life in peril.

Old 10-10-2007, 09:14 AM

9,601 posts, read 31,716,215 times
Quote:
NOT everyone's, Lilypad . . . ONLY criminals and lawbreakers plus a few Nutcases and Weirdos!

Old 10-10-2007, 12:32 PM

2,137 posts, read 3,860,900 times
Quote:
We are listening...

Old 10-10-2007, 07:00 PM

430 posts, read 1,410,356 times
Default no!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
I understand, azkylady,

However, do you throw a Mega-Fit . . . attacking people including Phoenix Police Officers?

I SERIOUSLY DOUBT IT!
You are correct, I am to afraid to sass at te Airport
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area