Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2007, 12:26 AM

14 posts, read 46,869 times

Advertisements

My parents are moving to the area and are considering North Scottsdale. They would like to move into a nice condo or townhome.

They have two dogs weighing about 40-45 pounds and need a homeowners association that will allow pets.

Does anyone know if any of the condos/townhomes in Grayhawk, Kierland, or DC Ranch accept pets of this size? They really like DC Ranch, but have only driven by the area. They do have some friends in the Desert Ridge and Cave Creek areas as well as North Scottsdale.

The pets are non-negotiable Thanks for the help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2007, 11:02 AM

9,600 posts, read 31,685,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azloft View Post
My parents are moving to the area and are considering North Scottsdale. They would like to move into a nice condo or townhome.

They have two dogs weighing about 40-45 pounds and need a homeowners association that will allow pets.

Does anyone know if any of the condos/townhomes in Grayhawk, Kierland, or DC Ranch accept pets of this size? They really like DC Ranch, but have only driven by the area. They do have some friends in the Desert Ridge and Cave Creek areas as well as North Scottsdale.

The pets are non-negotiable Thanks for the help.
Great question, azloft,

I have never experienced an HOA "pet restriction" in a Townhome.

There are many dogs, both large and small, in the Patio Homes in my area (not Scottsdale). However, I would question the practicality of a larger, more active dog (or dogs) in an apartment style Condo unless they have grown up as "inside" dogs.

MY TWO CENTS WORTH . . .

Old 10-13-2007, 12:09 PM

My parents are both retired and the dogs are Mom's kids when we're not around. They're also her exercise partners when she walks at least twice a day (weather not a problem because I think they'll just stay mostly as winter visitors).

They're looking for a large 3 bedroom townhome, nothing apartment style. Probably first floor, if that's safe enough. They both seem to have liked DC Ranch when we drove through. Anyone here live at DC Ranch who might know?

I guess they'll just have to tour around with a realtor and ask about the HOA restrictions?

Old 10-13-2007, 12:22 PM

9,600 posts, read 31,685,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azloft View Post
I guess they'll just have to tour around with a realtor and ask about the HOA restrictions?
Definitely the best way to go . . . READ THE CC&R's before buying . . . many people don't!

As I posted earlier, my Patio Home HOA has no "pet restrictions" (other than the usual restrictions imposed by City and County Ordinances) and there are lots of happy dogs here.

Good Luck!

Old 10-13-2007, 03:21 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,161,525 times
There's a huge condo complex being built north of the 101 and near 56th st, just down the street from Desert Ridge. It's not Scottsdale, it's Phoenix though. But, your comment about "a large 3 bedroom, nothing apartment like and on the first floor" struck my attention as every singe condo I've looked at that was just one level felt like an apartment to me. The ones that are 2-3 stories seem less like an apartment. The ONLY condo on one floor that did not seem like an apt was up near Desert Ridge (I don't remember the name) but it was very nice and big. I believe it was just under $500k (although I think it was a 2 bedroom). It has underground parking, too. There were a few things that didn't appeal to me, but overall the place is nice.

Old 10-13-2007, 06:38 PM

Thanks for the tip! They're excited to look around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area