Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 02:50 AM

19 posts, read 72,050 times

Advertisements

My family and I just bought a new house in Laredo ranch in Queen Creek. We love it there and excited about the new commercial projects going on in the area. I recently found out there will be a Banner Hospital 3 miles from us. I'm from NY and some hospital I knew had bad neighborhoods surrounding it.I hear Banner Hospitals are very good. I'm just afraid I might be in an "iffy" area in the future because of the hospital location.

Old 10-28-2007, 05:01 AM

461 posts, read 1,811,381 times
????? I've never heard of an area being bad because it's near a hospital! But then again, I'm not from NY. I think having a hopsital that close to you is a good thing. Plus, you live in a master planned community. I doubt you'll have anything to worry about. Besides, you can't compare NY with AZ. And just in case anyone reads this and interprets it as me slamming NY, I'm not - I love NY . . . especially NYC. It's just nothing like AZ!

Old 10-28-2007, 07:59 AM

343 posts, read 554,184 times
You are in serious trouble and should sell and move immediately. No time to waste as the gangs are around the corner and they are shacking up in all of the vacant unsold homes. I wish you the best of luck selling. Hopefully you can get rid of it before the word gets out. Queen Creek is the worst place to raise a family.

Old 10-28-2007, 09:20 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,092,923 times
Wow, nice nice baby. Scary!
How close do you live to the hospital? It will eventually be a "not so good" location. But will take awhile. Sheena is right in that we are not so quick to go bad but neighborhoods around hospitals do decline more. It's equivalent of moving next door to any large commercial complex. Traffic, helicopters, ambulances, nursing homes, special care facilities, will all pop up around it and make traffic and noise a "not so great" location for a neighborhood. With the sprawl here it will be easy for someone to jump a few neighborhoods over instead. And in Queen Creek, with all the development out there, that will be a bummer for you in the long run. You would have to live right next to it though. If you can see it from your house, your too close. If not, I think your ok. Hope this helps.

Old 10-28-2007, 09:50 AM

Location: 5 miles from the center of the universe-The Superstition Mountains
1,084 posts, read 5,795,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmiley View Post
My family and I just bought a new house in Laredo ranch in Queen Creek. We love it there and excited about the new commercial projects going on in the area. I recently found out there will be a Banner Hospital 3 miles from us. I'm from NY and some hospital I knew had bad neighborhoods surrounding it.I hear Banner Hospitals are very good. I'm just afraid I might be in an "iffy" area in the future because of the hospital location.
Don't sweat it. 3 miles is far enough away.

Old 10-28-2007, 09:53 AM

6,069 posts, read 14,798,198 times
Banner hospitals are great, in my opinion. You're fortunate to have one nearby in the event you need emergency care.

Bill

Old 10-28-2007, 12:34 PM

338 posts, read 1,626,465 times
HUH? I never heard of living near a hospital being a bad thing. I always thought it brought the property value up. I don't think Queen Creek will be a dangerous area anytime soon. Good luck with that commute though. I hope you work in Chandler.

Old 10-28-2007, 12:58 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,969,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmiley View Post
I wouldn't worry about it. Those bad neighborhoods in NY were probably there before they built the hospitals.

Old 10-28-2007, 01:01 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,969,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bill View Post
Banner hospitals are great, in my opinion. You're fortunate to have one nearby in the event you need emergency care.

Bill

Banner is not so great when you are sitting in their emergency room for 12 hours and leave sicker then when you came in. They do bring your family members a sandwich while you are waiting though.

Old 10-28-2007, 02:40 PM

6,069 posts, read 14,798,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena View Post
Banner is not so great when you are sitting in their emergency room for 12 hours and leave sicker then when you came in. They do bring your family members a sandwich while you are waiting though.
My wife waited in the emergency room for 8 hours on a guerny. Fortunately we had called 911 and she was taken by ambulance because the medics have to stay at the guerney with the patient until the hospital takes over.

They never gave me a sandwich, and I had to stay in the waiting room until she got a room. Maybe I should complain about not getting a sandwich.

There are two new hospitals in Gilbert, one on Val Vista Drive and the other that just opened near Higley at Hwy 60, and those are great.

Bill
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area