Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 10:57 AM

41 posts, read 60,410 times

Advertisements

Hey all i think i might have found an apartment that i would like to rent but not sure if its in a good distance from the freewys, shooping, malls, tempe, phoenix ect..... Las casitas is the name of the property and the address is 1408 n. Central ave . Avondale
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2013, 11:00 AM

4,866 posts, read 11,232,976 times
I don't know what your looking for but Central Ave in Avondale is not a desirable place. Old, run down and mostly hispanic neighborhood. I wouldn't live there.

It is close to the freeway (I-10), far from the Mall (Arrowhead), far from Tempe & Phoenix and relatively close to shopping areas in Goodyear and Avondale. If being close to Tempe and Phoenix are your goal why are you looking in the far west valley?

Old 04-24-2013, 11:03 AM

Really??? I looked on the apartment ratings and they had very good ratings on the apartment complex.

Old 04-24-2013, 11:08 AM

4,073 posts, read 5,156,912 times
Per Google Maps it looks like you are just off the 10...about 30 minutes from Tempe or Phoenix (depending on traffic).

I wouldn't go off the apartment ratings, property managers frequently pad the ratings with rave reviews vs. bad ones.

Old 04-24-2013, 11:08 AM

I know nothing about that specific complex but know the area and it's not a desirable area. Not in a particularly bad area just not where I would put my family. The schools in that area (elementary) are some of the worst in the area and it is a very low income part of town.

Old 04-24-2013, 11:09 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,446,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicarosa View Post
Really??? I looked on the apartment ratings and they had very good ratings on the apartment complex.

A few days ago you were asking about apartments and schools close to Boys and Girls Clubs in TEMPE. Have you as yet figured out where you will be working? If you end up working in the east Valley, you don't want to be living anywhere in Avondale.

Old 04-24-2013, 11:13 AM

Thanks for the help. And No I do not know where I will be working yet. I am honestly just trying to find a nice apartment to rent in a nice area with not alot of crime. I heard Avondale had less crime and was a good area to live. I dont know where to look and I have less then a month to find a place. I kbnow i want to be close to Tempe, Phx, scottsdale..... where should i be looking??

Old 04-24-2013, 11:25 AM

4,073 posts, read 5,156,912 times
Quote:
Thanks for the help. And No I do not know where I will be working yet. I am honestly just trying to find a nice apartment to rent in a nice area with not alot of crime. I heard Avondale had less crime and was a good area to live. I dont know where to look and I have less then a month to find a place. I kbnow i want to be close to Tempe, Phx, scottsdale..... where should i be looking??
Well to be close to Tempe, Phoenix and Scottsdale I would be looking in the East Valley vs. the far West Valley. This is what...136th Ave? Tempe and Scottsdale start at (approx) 51st Street. Depending on your budget, try Mesa, Tempe, East Phoenix (44th street at least)...but not Avondale/Buckeye.

Old 04-24-2013, 11:39 AM

Quote:
There are some nicer apartments in Avondale in more upscale areas along Van Buren right near the Coldwater Creek development. I don't know what your budget is but they would be preferable to anything near Central Ave in Avondale. Still, this isnt an ideal location if you're going to be commuting to Tempe or anywhere in the east valley.

Old 04-24-2013, 11:56 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,446,263 times
There is NO point in pinning yourself down to a place to live, or wasting time looking at specific places, until you know where you will be working.

One thing at a time. You will likely be able to find a suitable place to live within a reasonable distance of where you work, and hopefully near a Boys and Girls Club if you need that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area