Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 06:16 PM

91 posts, read 335,439 times

Advertisements

Hello I've been out here for about 6 months wondering if there are any former residents from San Diego Out here? I am original from Normal Heights area.I stay in Tempe near the Airport. How do you guys like Arizona compared to coastal southern California?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2013, 07:20 PM

3,966 posts, read 10,702,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capricorn_Resiliency View Post
Hello I've been out here for about 6 months wondering if there are any former residents from San Diego Out here? I am original from Normal Heights area.I stay in Tempe near the Airport. How do you guys like Arizona compared to coastal southern California?
You came from San Diego to here? What made you come here if you don't mind me asking? I came from Sacramento, not San Diego. Sorry

Old 06-09-2013, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiphead View Post
You came from San Diego to here? What made you come here if you don't mind me asking? I came from Sacramento, not San Diego. Sorry
San Diego might seem beautiful from the outside looking in...but its every thing but, when your in inside looking out!! When you get to the nitty gritty...its not a pretty place at all {Minus the scenery when the trees & shrubbery aren't being removed/destroyed en masse} There is just so much wrong with it ,I don't have enough time to go over the details!! I've lived there for over 20 yrs and the place has been deteriorating both socially & economical rapidly at least the **southern part of the county has gone to Sh*ts where I resided. There is a high jobless rate, most of the jobs are in the **North County leaving people in the **South County high & dry! The people are some of most vain, shallow & pretentious I've ever known in my life!! **Not to say there aren't "good people" in San Diego but they are a rarity. A lot of nefarious activities & corruption galore!! Also a lot of (Organized Gang-Stalking) if you don't know what that is just Google it. But these are some of the reasons I got the hell out San Diego!

Last edited by Capricorn_Resiliency; 06-09-2013 at 09:15 PM..

Old 06-09-2013, 11:35 PM

68 posts, read 162,054 times
I am originally from the Temecula area (born and raised) I have been here for a year and a few months. The wife and I love it out here. The house prices are very nice compared to the So Cal market and the Cost of Living is definitely better.

Old 06-10-2013, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcanchola2 View Post
I am originally from the Temecula area (born and raised) I have been here for a year and a few months. The wife and I love it out here. The house prices are very nice compared to the So Cal market and the Cost of Living is definitely better.
Yea the cost of living sure is cheaper here then it was back in San Diego.The people hear seem much,much more genuine & helpful in Arizona compared to phoney California! Plus I love the desert scenery I go out to the desert on occasion & star gaze!How well have you adapted to the environmental difference also how does the sociability of Arizonans stack up against Californians to you?

Old 06-10-2013, 01:15 AM

591 posts, read 821,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capricorn_Resiliency View Post
Yea the cost of living sure is cheaper here then it was back in San Diego.The people hear seem much,much more genuine & helpful in Arizona compared to phoney California! Plus I love the desert scenery I go out to the desert on occasion & star gaze!How well have you adapted to the environmental difference also how does the sociability of Arizonans stack up against Californians to you?
Generally speaking, Arizona is home to many people hailing from the Midwest, Northeast, Texas, Florida, and other Western states minus California.

Generally speaking, those folks tend to be much more genuine than Californians who tend to be very self-consumed and insecure.

Take my opinion FWIW. I lived on the East Coast for 20 years before moving to Tucson last summer to attend the U of A, and since moving out here, I've been exposed to countless Californians.

Old 06-10-2013, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonaZoo View Post
Generally speaking, Arizona is home to many people hailing from the Midwest, Northeast, Texas, Florida, and other Western states minus California.

Generally speaking, those folks tend to be much more genuine than Californians who tend to be very self-consumed and insecure.

Take my opinion FWIW. I lived on the East Coast for 20 years before moving to Tucson last summer to attend the U of A, and since moving out here, I've been exposed to countless Californians.

The decent down to earth Californians more often then are not driven out just to maintain their sanity from the callus consumerism minded masses that over run the (golden state) I think it should be renamed the (brass state) looks like gold but far cheaper & lighter.

But there are the rotten apples that do overflow to nearby states as well...usually they can't make it in reality & end back in the delusion which is California.I've ran across some people out hear from Central & Northern California, they general are more decent then those from Coastal Southern California...

Old 06-10-2013, 07:07 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,252,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonaZoo View Post

HUh? The single largest source of transplants to AZ is California. Lots of folks want out of California. They have been priced out of the housing market there because their jobs don't pay enough to afford the life style they can find in AZ, TX, and NV - the places they most frequently move to. You can't eat weather.

Old 06-10-2013, 08:18 AM

77 posts, read 123,379 times
I had the chance to work some onsite long term contracts in both San Diego and the Phoenix area. I was so set on San Diego but the cost of living is just to high, buying a home is out of reach for all but the near wealthy. I like Phoenix a lot but if all things were equal I would have gone with San Diego. I found people to be pretty friendly in San Diego not different from Phoenix really. I am originally from the east coast btw.

Old 06-10-2013, 12:45 PM

591 posts, read 821,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
HUh? The single largest source of transplants to AZ is California. Lots of folks want out of California. They have been priced out of the housing market there because their jobs don't pay enough to afford the life style they can find in AZ, TX, and NV - the places they most frequently move to. You can't eat weather.
In my experience, it seems like the folks who move to AZ from CA, CO, OR, WA, etc. are most dissatisfied living here. Moreover, I've found that these transplants are more likely to return home than transplants from elsewhere, especially those from CA.

On the other hand, most of the folks hailing from the Midwest and the Northeast seem to adapt surprisingly well to living in AZ and end up really enjoy living here because everything is so new, clean, and manicured compared to the places they're coming from.

Plus, AZ's weather is a huge upgrade from the Midwest and Northeast. California? Not so much.

Additionally, if you're from the East Coast in particular, people seem much friendlier and more approachable in AZ. People here aren't fake-friendly and fake-polite like the people down South, and they're not phoney like people from California. Arizonans aren't as gregarious to begin a conversation with a complete stranger like someone from the South or California, but they seem genuinely friendly and polite once engaged similar to Midwesterners: a healthy balance, IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area