Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 07:35 PM

788 posts, read 2,111,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
The geographic codes give us a hint as the the quality of the person we are calling.

480=eastside= good person, maybe even someone from Scottsdale
623=westside=illegal alien
602=inner city=poor person
520=farmer or someone who drives a long way to work (in PHX area)
928=tree-hugger
If I thought you were being sarcastic, maybe I'd chuckle.

I live in the 480 area, but my cell phone is 602, which is the phone I use to make all calls (which isn't much because I dislike being on the phone).

On the other hand, I've received several 480 drunken wrong number calls at 2-3 am. Probably ASU students.

I have a friend who is an electrical engineer who has a 520 area code on his cell (he was working in Tucson, but is now in Phx). Definitely not a farmer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2007, 07:36 PM

268 posts, read 1,160,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HX_Guy View Post
You must have ALOT of people that call you because I haven't ran into the problem much at at. I do get people calling the wrong number every now and then, but I don't know if it's related to the area code or not...they don't say.
I've received four wrong number phone calls in the last week. I usually don't get that many, and actually these are the first in a very long while. But two of the four were from the same person. The second time she called, I asked her what number she is trying to call. She rattled off the last 7 digits of my phone number. I asked her, what area code? And she said she didn't know. She only wrote down the last 7, and so that 's what she dialed. Idiot!

Old 11-15-2007, 07:37 AM

3,632 posts, read 16,175,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
623 illegal alien? why do you say that.

You think there are lots of illegals here in AZ?? I think you need to goto southern california. I remember a couple months ago going to bank of america with my dad,we were the only 2 white people in the branch and the line was out the door. Most were speaking spanish to each other. I would goto the local walmart and it would be the same thing.

I have lived here in AZ for about 2 months in the 623 area code and been to walmart and the bank many times and i dont think i have heard 1 person speaking spanish.
Oh please! Everytime I go to Walmart I feel like I'm in mexico! And it's not like I'm living where there are a lot of them around. Since you've only been here 2 months I think you need to look around more.

Old 11-15-2007, 07:51 AM

39,094 posts, read 51,295,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artliquide View Post
If I thought you were being sarcastic, maybe I'd chuckle.

I live in the 480 area, but my cell phone is 602, which is the phone I use to make all calls (which isn't much because I dislike being on the phone).

On the other hand, I've received several 480 drunken wrong number calls at 2-3 am. Probably ASU students.

I have a friend who is an electrical engineer who has a 520 area code on his cell (he was working in Tucson, but is now in Phx). Definitely not a farmer.
You (and Sablebaby) should probably change your cellphone prefix to the 480. First impressions are important. When someone calls with a 602 it says "warehouse" or government to me. 623 means they probably got Prospero mixed up with Ponderosa - yep, that's my real name.

Old 11-15-2007, 08:00 AM

3,632 posts, read 16,175,309 times
Quote:
You (and Sablebaby) should probably change your cellphone prefix to the 480. First impressions are important. When someone calls with a 602 it says "warehouse" or government to me. 623 means they probably got Prospero mixed up with Ponderosa - yep, that's my real name.
haha that is just SO wrong! Don't we get judged enough in life, now we are judged by the area code we call from? Wow, what is this world coming to?

Old 11-15-2007, 08:16 AM

611 posts, read 2,309,477 times
Quote:
The geographic codes give us a hint as the the quality of the person we are calling.

928=tree-hugger
Ponderosa, you're funny! Here in Vistancia, we have all of those area codes except the 520. At least, I haven't met anyone yet with 520. Again, I think it's because phone companies are allowing people to take their numbers with them when they move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sablebaby
haha that is just SO wrong! Don't we get judged enough in life, now we are judged by the area code we call from? Wow, what is this world coming to?
Sablebaby, you're even funnier! Good one!

Old 11-15-2007, 09:42 AM

788 posts, read 2,111,703 times
Quote:
I don't get a negative impression about anyone based on their area code. I'm thinking you might be in the minority with that line of thought.

Old 11-15-2007, 10:03 AM

9,601 posts, read 31,725,751 times
Quote:

928=tree-hugger
Great post, Ponderosa

I don't care what the others think, your area code analogy is hilarious.

Since I have problems growing Cactus and Rocks, I do not qualify as a Farmer so I guess Tucson is the reason I have 520's!

Keep 'em coming . . . I'M STILL LAUGHING!
! ! ! !

Old 11-15-2007, 10:22 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,087,376 times
Quote:

928=tree-hugger
Yes, I have to agree. Since I am a 480. lol

Old 11-15-2007, 04:04 PM

89 posts, read 448,849 times
Quote:

928=tree-hugger
623=westside=illegal alien = Ponderosa
602=inner city=poor person = Ponderosa
520=farmer, someone who drives a lng way to work (in PHX area)= Ponderosa
928=tree-hugger = Ponderosa

hehe
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area