Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 08:45 AM

11 posts, read 19,289 times

Advertisements

Hey Guys: sorry to bother every one with the same questions probably asked millions of time before but i don't have much time left before i move.

I was recommended some apartments and i wanted your opinions about it. It seems like AZ has resort type apartments which i am not familiar much with it but it seems popular there.

Ahwatukee: sedona ridge and san melia.. btw how is the traffic around this area.

Chandler: mark taylor apartment - club cancun, san palicio etc..

Please share details if you have experience with those place or any other good apartments u guys know off. I am big on safety and willing to pay 800 to 900.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2014, 09:54 AM

17,915 posts, read 43,484,857 times
Mark Taylor properties generally have a very good reputation. There are a couple of other MT complexes in South Tempe, one brand new on Elliot, one close to brand new on Baseline, that you might look at as well.

Ahwatukee traffic is problematic at times, it can be quite congested around the major shopping areas, and in the access to and from the freeway.

Old 01-21-2014, 10:30 AM

2,292 posts, read 3,097,034 times
Not sure if you are going to get into those Mark Taylor properties in your price range. They tend to be more expensive than the other apartments in the area (and rightfully so as they are generally very new and highly amenitized and upgraded).

I'd check out a few of the complexes on Grove Parkway in South Tempe. The good ones are Finisterra, 909 West, and Signature Place. Also check out Verano Townhomes off 44th St in Ahwatukee. They are newly updated and have solid amenities and good ratings on Yahoo. They might have some available in the lower 900's.

Old 01-21-2014, 10:43 AM

Thanks for the great info, yea MT In tempe is $$ and with utilities it seems like 1300 to 1400 a month easily.

Just talk to sedona ridge, depends on the lease they are around 800 but not gated community. According to them its very safe and around golf courses.

Club cancun got some bad comments but so not 100% sure. How bad is the drive from tempe to W chandler road?

Old 01-21-2014, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr821 View Post
Thanks for the great info, yea MT In tempe is $$ and with utilities it seems like 1300 to 1400 a month easily.

Just talk to sedona ridge, depends on the lease they are around 800 but not gated community. According to them its very safe and around golf courses.

Club cancun got some bad comments but so not 100% sure. How bad is the drive from tempe to W chandler road?

That drive should not be a big problem, particularly, as it's just not that many miles, even in traffic. Lots of shopping, restaurants, etc nearby. Where in Tempe?

I wouldn't eliminate Sedona Ridge just because it's not gated. Gated communities are no guarantee of safety, and the area is fine. Check out the other suggestions above as well re: the Grove Pkwy area and the townhomes.

Old 01-22-2014, 05:55 PM

I will be in PHX next week and after talking i have a made a short list of couple of places that i will check out.

Sedona ridge on east cheneye drive, apartment rating had 84% approval. Rent was very reasonable around 800 for 6 month.

San Hacienda on N Arizona avenue chandler, is that a safe area? since it close to downtown.. according to them V. safe and no breaking but its one of few MT apartment that come with Door alarm system. Rent wise reasonable and with salt water pool.

San Palacio W Germann Road, chandler. no 1 bed room available until march but again MT apartments so u get all the resort stuff or whatever.

Tempe i don't know it was $$ but then its close to ASU and i guess a lot of students and my friend told me noisy and crazy so not my cup of team if that is the case.

A lot of other place I liked either high on $$ or too many bad comments so i couldn't decide. example san paseo in ahwatukee was very tempting with the golf courses and newer complex but a 1000 dollar for a room might be too much.

Also i stayed in Radisson in chandler before but i am looking for something cheaper this time around the same area. I might have to stay for a week or longer so any advice would be great.

THANKS

Old 01-23-2014, 12:12 AM

The south part of Tempe is not "noisy and crazy" with a lot of students, so that's still an option if you can find an apartment in your price range.

There's been a lot going on with modernizing/upgrading downtown Chandler. There's crime everywhere, of course, but I would not write off that complex on any safety issue.

Old 01-23-2014, 09:47 AM

observer53, i greatly appreciate all ur help...

Old 01-31-2014, 12:17 PM

quick update here so i can make a correct decision for my self. i decided to stay around chandler and ahwatukee.

what u guys think of village of lakewood apartments? its a decent location and sound like a safe place to stay.

about to visit san brisas N rural road, read a good review here so decided to check it out.

Mark taylor properties i like san cervantes, lil pricy but u got all the stores surrounding u.

san hacienda, i like the apartment but not sure bat the area on N arizona road intersection with elliot road. its very diff from other places i checked.

I appreciate every one advice so far so Thank You.

Old 01-31-2014, 08:49 PM

489 posts, read 1,326,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShampooBanana View Post
Not sure if you are going to get into those Mark Taylor properties in your price range. They tend to be more expensive than the other apartments in the area (and rightfully so as they are generally very new and highly amenitized and upgraded).

I'd check out a few of the complexes on Grove Parkway in South Tempe. The good ones are Finisterra, 909 West, and Signature Place. Also check out Verano Townhomes off 44th St in Ahwatukee. They are newly updated and have solid amenities and good ratings on Yahoo. They might have some available in the lower 900's.

I have a friend who just got a good deal at Finisterra and likes it. I also know someone who used to work at Verano, and although it sounds nice, I heard that the electric bills are through the roof there. Like $400 a month in the summer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area