Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 08:29 AM

85 posts, read 317,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Sweet!! That's what I was hoping someone would say. I Googled it and everything that came back was for Brat Haus, which is a great spot but too small. I just put two and two together. I bet they're expanding into the space that was the old Salty Senorita. That would be great.
That place is vacant. The expansion is just south.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2014, 08:10 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,462,871 times
I'm not much of a beer drinker, but I saw this in Arizona Weekly this week:

CRAFT BEER HIDDEN GEMS

Old 03-15-2014, 05:29 PM

3,825 posts, read 9,492,287 times
Just got back from Sun Up Brewery, maybe there is something in the water in Phoenix. Beer was okay, but seemed to be missing something. Still better than Bud or Coors, but not anything close to what you can get at other run of the mill craft breweries in other states.

Old 03-18-2014, 05:13 PM

1,220 posts, read 1,598,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noregrets11 View Post
I admittedly know very little about craft beer. But I saw great reviews on Yelp for a new Chicago pizzeria in Queen Creek called Buddyz, and we checked it out. The owner seems to be something of a craft beer connoisseur and he gave us some great recommendations after chatting with us about our preferences. They had a huge list on the wall, and I recall seeing Summer Chandy, Cidre, Koko Brown, Goose Island 312, several IPAs, Ska, 5 Barrel and more (my memory is maxed out.) I know these aren't brewed in house, but thought it might be helpful if someone is looking for these particular brews.

Oh, and the pizza is kick a$$, too!
I'll have to check out buddyz. I'm looking at buying a house in the Magma Ranch area within the next year and feared I wouldn't find good beer anywhere nearby.

Old 03-18-2014, 08:14 PM

701 posts, read 1,098,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmi66 View Post
Just got back from Sun Up Brewery, maybe there is something in the water in Phoenix. Beer was okay, but seemed to be missing something. Still better than Bud or Coors, but not anything close to what you can get at other run of the mill craft breweries in other states.
Agreed. I like Sun Up, but don't love it. If you want to try the best thing there, order the green chile pork!

And on a similar note, there is a burger at Four Peaks that combines jalapenos, fried onions, and cream cheese. It is my favorite burger anywhere.

Old 03-19-2014, 10:33 AM

1,705 posts, read 1,604,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Ever been to Papago Brewery? They have some interesting brews of their own and a killer bottle selection. World of Beer in Tempe has quite a large draft selection too.
I second Papago Brewery. My favorite beer in the world is the Orange Blossom. It has an orange-vanilla flavor to it. The only other place I know of that has it other than Papago Brewery is Mello Mushroom Pizzeria on Mill. (Of course, to wash down their disgusting pizza, an Orange Blossom works mighty well.)
If you go to Papago Brewery, I recommend you sample the beers along with a giant warm bavarian pretzel (with mustard and/or cheese).
MMMmmmmm!!!!! It's only 9:30 AM and suddenly I want a pretzel with orange blossom!!

Old 03-20-2014, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden_Monkey View Post
Agreed. I like Sun Up, but don't love it. If you want to try the best thing there, order the green chile pork!

And on a similar note, there is a burger at Four Peaks that combines jalapenos, fried onions, and cream cheese. It is my favorite burger anywhere.
Does 4 peaks brew an IPA? I think kiltlifter is a decent brew. But I've only bought their beers at stores.

Old 03-20-2014, 06:16 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,613,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcajones View Post
Does 4 peaks brew an IPA? I think kiltlifter is a decent brew. But I've only bought their beers at stores.
Yes. Hop Knot, RAJ, and Double Knot

Old 03-20-2014, 06:58 PM

Oh, I hove had Hop Knot, it is ok. I'll have to try RAJ and double knot. I also had their 8th st. pale ale it was foul.

Old 03-20-2014, 09:20 PM

701 posts, read 1,098,085 times
I actually kinda like 8th Street, but to each their own. Raj is a bit more floral than Hop Knot. My guess is that it's dry hopped or has a more gradual hopping schedule. So some people who don't even like IPAs like Raj, but OTOH, it might not be hoppy enough for some.

But as a burger lover, my absolute favorite item from Four Peaks was the Four Peaks burger. Serious heat from the peppers, plus crunchy fried onions, tempered with cream cheese. It must contain at least three million calories.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area