Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 04:07 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,238,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZJoeD View Post
OK, I guess I have seen them at grocery stores. I never thought much about them. I think the only people that use them are landscapers, construction workers and laborers that fill their coolers and water jugs on their trucks. Maybe some snowbirds. I would think most people would have home delivery if you prefer filtered water.
Home delivery is quite a bit more expensive...lots of people use the self serve water machines and water stores to refill their bottles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2014, 05:52 PM

6,341 posts, read 14,708,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZJoeD View Post
OK, I guess I have seen them at grocery stores. I never thought much about them. I think the only people that use them are landscapers, construction workers and laborers that fill their coolers and water jugs on their trucks. Maybe some snowbirds. I would think most people would have home delivery if you prefer filtered water.
Home delivery starts at about $30/mo at the places I've heard of - refilling your own 5 gallon bottles is usually $1.25 each.. I hauled jugs for about a year before giving up and buying an RO setup for our house..

Old 03-12-2014, 06:33 PM

824 posts, read 2,338,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippyman View Post
Home delivery starts at about $30/mo at the places I've heard of - refilling your own 5 gallon bottles is usually $1.25 each.. I hauled jugs for about a year before giving up and buying an RO setup for our house..
It is easy, unless you have back problems. I like to strap them in the rear seat with seat belts to keep them from flying around and also because it quietly amuses me.

Old 03-13-2014, 05:45 PM

944 posts, read 2,524,115 times
I drink tap except for work where I bring a jug of water because it's just that kind of place (BYOW)!

Old 03-15-2014, 02:33 AM

768 posts, read 1,761,350 times
There are more and more water "refill" stations (not just in "lower" income areas as one poster suggested). A good reason these are growing in popularity is to lessen the cost and TRASH that individual plastic water bottles generate. Living here I've learned:

Rule #1 never be without your water bottle.

Rule #2 the local tap water is terrible (IMHO)

Old 03-15-2014, 08:46 AM

4,866 posts, read 11,238,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caryberry View Post
There are more and more water "refill" stations (not just in "lower" income areas as one poster suggested). A good reason these are growing in popularity is to lessen the cost and TRASH that individual plastic water bottles generate. Living here I've learned:

Rule #1 never be without your water bottle.

Rule #2 the local tap water is terrible (IMHO)
There are more and more stand alone self serve water kiosks on the street corner, as the OP asked about? I've lived here for more than six years and I've yet to see one put in. I've seen water stores go in and self serve dispensers at grocery stores but I've yet to see one of the "kiosks" go in like the OP is asking about. Those types I've only seen in the lower income/older areas of Avondale over in this part of the valley.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area