Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2014, 03:16 PM

2 posts, read 3,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippyman View Post
As a landlord, I would take care of the water bill increase in a case like this (and write it off as a maintenance expense) .. but it seems like you've got the other kind of landlord..

If it were me, I might consider hiring one of the water-delivery services to fill the pool (in one shot, from a tanker-truck), rather than running a hose for days & having to dink around with the city over your sewer bill for the rest of the year..

Luckily, it appears the financial damage may be fairly minor - personally, I'd document your water-bill increase & file it away for when you move and this landlord tries to snark your deposit..

Perhaps send a "friendly" letter with the previous six months water bills, and your latest "whopper" bill.. save copies of anything you receive in writing regarding your request.. just in case..
This landlord does not do anything that is going to cost him too much. He would rather duct tape the issues with the house than to pay to have anything replaced even when it needs it. With that being said, we have lived here for 3 1/2 years and he has gone through four pool guys. All of them have quit and left the pool in disrepair. Every time they left the pool black and neglected. This time was no exception. The pump was left off and the vacuum was completely gone. Not sure if the landlord fired that pool guy or he just left for non payment like the others but we are paying extra in our rent for the maintenance of the pool. He hired a new pool guy that told him the only way he could clean it was to drain it and that is why he did it. Yes, we are grateful for the pool and are not disputing that. I just wanted to know what my rights were as I never rented with a pool before and was curious. Thank you to all who answered and gave suggestions. I appreciate your responses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2014, 12:12 AM

469 posts, read 1,037,312 times
You need to occasionally flush your toilets,too. Should your landlord pay for that or would that just be maintenance? I would raise your rent, significantly. 30 for a 9000 gallon pool is a good estimate, but adding 14 units onto a normal 6, in March is going to send your sewer bill way North in March. That's how it is done in Phoenix, anyway. They've got internal issues in the water department, too. I went away for 3 months in 2012, and had it shut off to avoid theft mainly. When I returned, they treated me like a new user, and rescinded the low sewer rates I had earned by conserving. It didn't get straightened out until I moved and told them I wasn't going to pay. They finally adjusted my bill, since they knew I had no intention of paying.

Old 09-08-2020, 02:11 PM

1 posts, read 141 times
I stay in a studio apartment my water and sewer bill usually run $30 to $35 a month The apartment complex where I stay in that's where they connect the water hose to fill the pool up and my water bill was 12.55 and now it is 15.99 the Sewer was 12.75 now it is 19.95 When I signed a new lease Nowhere in that lease say that I am responsible for the hike in the water bill when filling the pool up

Need to know what should be done about this

Old 09-08-2020, 03:56 PM

1,691 posts, read 1,271,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwdm1867 View Post
I stay in a studio apartment my water and sewer bill usually run $30 to $35 a month The apartment complex where I stay in that's where they connect the water hose to fill the pool up and my water bill was 12.55 and now it is 15.99 the Sewer was 12.75 now it is 19.95 When I signed a new lease Nowhere in that lease say that I am responsible for the hike in the water bill when filling the pool up

Need to know what should be done about this
What are you going to do about a couple of dollars for one month? Judge Judy?

Old 09-08-2020, 08:43 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,917,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sno0909 View Post
What are you going to do about a couple of dollars for one month? Judge Judy?
I wanna watch THAT episode..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area