Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 12:49 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,669,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixSomeday View Post
Yes there are slow people in the right lane. If getting ahead of them is safe when merging, that's fine. But this isn't the case 100% of the time. There are plenty of times where the right lane is going at the same flow as the rest of the lanes, so 5-10 over. Meaning, there is someone trying like hell to go 15-20 over just so they can be "me me me first first first". Those are the situations I'm talking about.
Gotcha. Essentially cutting someone off only to get just one car ahead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2014, 01:36 PM

212 posts, read 229,421 times
Motley Crew: UH! Yeah London is expensive.
Kind of Like San Francisco and new York.
But when your in The U.K. and just middle class or working poor, you don't live in London.
Just Like I don't live in S.F. Or N.Y.
And Lots of people from the Muslim and African nations try to immigrate to the U.K. but there laws are a bit more strict and it's harder for them to get in.
Not unlike the U.S.A. which back door seems to be wide open and unguarded.
We probably could agree on a lot of things, But I seriously Don't see it getting any better around here.
Not even sure who to vote for anymore, seems like whatever political party gets in, they just screw it up even worse.

Old 06-14-2014, 01:44 PM

And about people who "Merge" on to the freeway, your supposed to use that lane if at all possible, to get up to speed to merge in.
I have no problem with someone merging in front of me, in fact I will get off the accelerator and let you merge, But please "Merge already" don't chicken out and slow down, if your going to do that, then I will speed up and you can just fall behind me.
I try to be a professional driver, in fact I drive a much larger vehicle for a living.
But you have to use some common sense out here, Don't bully people on the highway, if you want to drive faster, then go around me and drive as fast as your hearts content.
Let's all do our own thing as long as it's safe and doesn't risk anyones lives.
but seriously having a larger more powerful vehicle, does not make you superior.
if that's the case, then when Im in my commercial truck, then your much less of a man
get over it!
and maybe learn to appreciate a smaller vehicle and the fuel savings that it entails.

Old 06-14-2014, 01:49 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,669,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sovetsky medved View Post
i have no problem with someone merging in front of me, in fact i will get off the accelerator and let you merge, but please "merge already" don't chicken out and slow down, if your going to do that, then i will speed up and you can just fall behind me.
This!

Old 06-14-2014, 02:11 PM

8,046 posts, read 12,292,334 times
I drive a V6 Mustang, but I don't have much use for the huge lifted trucks either. Other than hauling, I often wonder why some people need such huge vehicles except for perhaps a power kick, or to feel more macho than what they really are. In any case, to each his own. I'm not bothered by those drivers so long as they don't do anything to annoy me. In some cases, I'd rather be in back of a large pickup truck or SUV because they often are fast drivers & don't hesitate to get moving ... and I am often fast as well if conditions allow for it.

The way I see it, there is absolutely no excuse for slow driving in Phoenix if there is not bad weather or congested traffic conditions. The weather is basically sunny & clear most of the year, and most of the streets & freeways are in good shape, so the only thing to really cause slow traffic is congestion. Outside of rush hour, traffic moves fairly well much of the time, so those who drive slow (as in slower than the flow of traffic around them) are only putting themselves in danger ... especially those who meander along in the left lanes on the freeways.

Also, as others have stated: driving a V4 these days isn't really an excuse for slow driving either. I once drove a car with a V4 and a heavy body frame back in the 1980s, and it was difficult to get up to speed sometimes. However, vehicles are built much better now and most of them are meant for faster speeds. As far as I'm concerned, anybody who moves slower than the flow of traffic on purpose is only asking for trouble and deserves to be cut off. If you can't handle driving in Phoenix, then either walk, ride a bike, or take the bus. Driving isn't a right!

Old 06-14-2014, 02:45 PM

I drive the "Posted" speed limit, no matter what the flow of traffic is doing.
I Don't need a speeding ticket.
and if your driving faster than the posted speed limit, then your basically breaking the law. ask any cop.
depending on the cop and his mood, he can pull you over and give you a ticket.
if you want to drive faster then go ahead, but don't look down on us that try to observe the traffic laws.
I was on the I-10 out near goodyear and you know that's a construction zone and your posted speed is 55.
and yes they were pulling people over for exceeding that.

Old 06-14-2014, 02:48 PM

The Posted speed limit is a Law, it is not a suggestion.
they didn't hang the sign up for scenic pleasure.
To many people seem to view themselves above the law.
When you get that ticket, Don't cry about it.
hopefully it teaches you a lesson.

Old 06-14-2014, 03:00 PM

8,046 posts, read 12,292,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovetsky Medved View Post
I drive the "Posted" speed limit, no matter what the flow of traffic is doing.
I Don't need a speeding ticket.
and if your driving faster than the posted speed limit, then your basically breaking the law. ask any cop.
depending on the cop and his mood, he can pull you over and give you a ticket.
if you want to drive faster then go ahead, but don't look down on us that try to observe the traffic laws.
I was on the I-10 out near goodyear and you know that's a construction zone and your posted speed is 55.
and yes they were pulling people over for exceeding that.
In just about all cases, cops won't pull you over for speeding unless you're driving excessively over the limit. I almost always drive 5 to 10 over the speed limit (sometimes faster than that depending on the location & the conditions) ... except of course during rush hour times when it's impossible to drive fast. In all the years I've been driving, I never have been cited for speeding. Most cops have better things to do than pull somebody over for going a few miles over.

Driving fast is also not unsafe if conditions allow for it. It's actually safer to keep up with the general flow of traffic than drive the "posted limit" & hold up others behind you. Some police officers have actually pulled people over for driving too slow in the left lane on the freeway. Admittedly, that kind of thing is rare, but it has happened. I really don't understand why some drivers insist on being slowpokes when conditions here are favorable for faster travel most of the time.

Old 06-14-2014, 03:33 PM

I rarely go into the left lane, there's no need for me to be there.
I will ride in the lane just to the left of the "Slow Lane" Middle lane or next one over from the right, whatever they call it.
that's where i tend to stay, doing my posted speed limit, while everyone flies around me.
if that makes me a danger, it's not me that caused that danger.
it's people driving recklessly, who can't control there vehicle.

Old 06-14-2014, 03:35 PM

And in some states, they will pull you over for going just a measly 3 miles over the limit, Ive seen that back in ohio.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area