Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 08:55 AM

19,449 posts, read 27,897,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCat View Post
My question is how FAR is the DISTANCE they will tow you. I want to take my car to MY garage, not the nearest one if I am 75 miles away. 75 miles get used up pretty quickly in Phoenix metro ... thanks ~

My hubby and I travel to Sedona and Flagstaff on occasion and we would really like 100 mile towing limit not 5 or 10 miles.
EXACTLY why we have AAA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2014, 08:57 AM

19,449 posts, read 27,897,754 times
Quote:
I'm so sorry, I misstated myself - I meant to say I have been told before that it was coverage for the nearest station. I wrote to CLARIFY. Apologies. I'll see what they write back tomorrow ~
Clearly states that with PLUS coverage, you get 100 miles: https://www.az.aaa.com/membership

Old 07-08-2014, 12:36 PM

277 posts, read 431,128 times
this is the response in writing which I just received from AAA:

Dear Fay,

Thank you for contacting AAA Arizona regarding your recent inquiry.

First, are you a member with AAA Arizona? Our terms and conditions vary from club to club. If so, we would be more than happy to provide you with a Membership Handbook that outlines AAA Arizona's membership benefits.

If you are not a member of AAA Arizona, we ask that you please contact your home club for further assistance regarding your membership.

Sincerely,

AAA Arizona
Visit us online at aaa.com

- - -

I do not know how to find the AAA "home club" so I wrote back yet again, asking for *local* contact information.

This is what I was referring to as evasive information. When I have called AAA before I was told "to the nearest" repair station. I'll report back if I am able to find more definite information. I think they quoted me $150 a year for roadside. It is about $200 for a tow so if I can't have my car towed to my dealership, and I have to pay for it myself anyways, not really worth it. Progressive told me 5 miles. Underwhelming :-)

I will also check into some other types of roadside assistance like Sprint and State Farm, etc.

And, as and afterthought, I am wondering how I am to find out the *differences* between the local clubs and which would be more beneficial for towing. I guess I'm not supposed to get the information easily without a lot of pulling of hen's teeth ~

Old 07-08-2014, 12:41 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,238,953 times
No, it is 100 miles. I may not want to go to a "repair station" and want it taken to my house.

I've used AAA for towing in the past and I told them where they were taking it, they didn't tell me.

From the AAA Arizona member handbook..."If we can’t get the vehicle running, we’ll tow it to your
desired destination."

Page 11 https://www.az.aaa.com/sites/default...erhandbook.pdf

Old 07-08-2014, 12:46 PM

From the AAA Arizona member handbook..."If we can’t get the vehicle running, we’ll tow it to your
desired destination."

Page 11 https://www.az.aaa.com/sites/default...erhandbook.pdf[/quote]

Thank you very much. I appreciate you taking the time to send this! Awesome!

Old 07-08-2014, 12:46 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,462,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Clearly states that with PLUS coverage, you get 100 miles: https://www.az.aaa.com/membership
Quote:
this is the response in writing which I just received from AAA:

Dear Fay,

Thank you for contacting AAA Arizona regarding your recent inquiry.

First, are you a member with AAA Arizona? Our terms and conditions vary from club to club. If so, we would be more than happy to provide you with a Membership Handbook that outlines AAA Arizona's membership benefits.

If you are not a member of AAA Arizona, we ask that you please contact your home club for further assistance regarding your membership.

Sincerely,

AAA Arizona
Visit us online at aaa.com

- - -

I do not know how to find the AAA "home club" so I wrote back yet again, asking for *local* contact information.

This is what I was referring to as evasive information. When I have called AAA before I was told "to the nearest" repair station. I'll report back if I am able to find more definite information. I think they quoted me $150 a year for roadside. It is about $200 for a tow so if I can't have my car towed to my dealership, and I have to pay for it myself anyways, not really worth it. Progressive told me 5 miles. Underwhelming :-)

I will also check into some other types of roadside assistance like Sprint and State Farm, etc.

And, as and afterthought, I am wondering how I am to find out the *differences* between the local clubs and which would be more beneficial for towing. I guess I'm not supposed to get the information easily without a lot of pulling of hen's teeth ~

I didn't realize you had not emailed Arizona AAA. it's not difficult to get the info you need. The Arizona club website is in Jkgourmet's post above, if you have more questions you can contact them by phone or email. I've been a member for decades, and highly recommend them. Whether I had the regular service or the Plus service (which I've usually had) I've always been able to have it towed where I wanted it towed, within the regular limit or the 100 mile limit.

And, they have routinely dropped the car off at the repair shop and then driven me home, including, but not limited to, a tow off I-10 late on Easter Sunday night (they came FAST).

Last edited by observer53; 07-08-2014 at 01:27 PM..

Old 07-08-2014, 12:47 PM

Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area