Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 03:59 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,654,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
Warm up from being in the AC of course
After freezing in the AC all day, the extreme heat does feel amazing. For a few minutes.

Old 07-02-2014, 08:57 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,069,545 times
what exactly is this "St. Patrick's Day" you speak of??!!......(ha - 39-year resident of Az).....good point that the denser cities back east probably have more local celebrations like this.....

back to doings....a group of us is going to a secret spot up off the Mogollon Rim with a TON of really cold water to play in...and nary a firework or camper or person in site!

Last edited by azdr0710; 07-02-2014 at 09:46 PM..

Old 07-02-2014, 11:42 PM

1,216 posts, read 3,030,780 times
We are going to Prescott for the weekend and stay with an aunt who lives up there by herself. We are leaving Thursday late afternoon and I know... the traffic will be horrible but once we get there it will be fun times ahead. We will be coming back Saturday night so the traffic shouldn't be as bad. We will be doing the family BBQ and pool time on Sunday.

I am always the first one to say I love Phoenix heat and all, and we have gone out for umpteen years every 4th to downtown or Tempe to watch the fireworks with the kids and grandkids, but hubby and I wanted to do something for just the two of us for a change. It has been a challenging last couple of years and we just wanted to take a mini vacation for the two of us (plus one elderly aunt... ).

So, everyone enjoy whatever floats your boat this 4th!!! Be safe and come back and tell us all what you did or saw that was exciting or interesting.

Old 07-03-2014, 07:07 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,612,035 times
Flagstaff named America's best town for Fourth of July
Travel and leisure magazine voted Flagstaff for one of the best places for firework spirit! But, you won't get any heat. lol

There are lists of events on the net, or the news site I listed.

Every year this is how it goes down for us.....start to plan a fun fireworks outing, end up by the pool with sparklers in hand. lol

I'm the opposite, I'm always looking for relaxation, not excitement.

No comprende Ella. lol

Old 07-03-2014, 07:16 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,302,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Travel and leisure magazine voted Flagstaff for one of the best places for firework spirit! But, you won't get any heat. lol

Every year this is how it goes down for us.....start to plan a fun fireworks outing, end up by the pool with sparklers in hand. lol

No comprende Ella. lol
Well, so far in my less than a year in Phoenix, I am finding myself quite bored most of the time LOL

I am making an effort to find something that is NOT low key!

Thanks for the info

Old 07-04-2014, 11:08 PM

Went to Westgate. Lame. Mostly kid oriented, and you could not see the fireworks from the beer garden area so once they started everyone had to try and push their way out to the parking lot to try to find a place to could see under all the damn trees. Band ended at 9. Guess everyone needed to get to bed.

Is there anything here that isn't boring??

Old 07-04-2014, 11:28 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,474,107 times
Quote:
Went to Westgate. Lame. Mostly kid oriented, and you could not see the fireworks from the beer garden area so once they started everyone had to try and push their way out to the parking lot to try to find a place to could see under all the damn trees. Band ended at 9. Guess everyone needed to get to bed.

Is there anything here that isn't boring??
Guess we have to define what you like to do/what your definition of "boring" is.

But here's a few......how about scaling some rock cliffs without a safety rope? Have some friends that do that/talk about an adrenaline rush! Sky diving perhaps? Get a fast motorcycle that goes zero to 60 before you can blink and enjoy the freedom AZ has in not requiring the rider to have a helmet. And all the desert twisty roads that wind through some beautiful desert terrain and mountains all around the Phoenix valley and really lean into those turns with your motorcycle. And take a ride at night on that motorcycle, crank on "Hotel California" by the Eagles..."On a dark desert highway.....cool wind in my hair" and now you're living! Learn to fly a small old plane with a window that opens and fly low over the desert terrain....it's gorgeous! Camp out in one of the national parks in AZ in the back-country and look up at the stars at night and how beautiful and quiet it is(probably too boring though for some). Take a 4 wheeler out to one of the places around the valley to get an adrenalin rush catching some nice air jumping over sand dunes. Get a jet ski on one of the lakes around here and open it up and enjoy the rush of speed on the water. Or learn to water ski. Base jump off one of the cliffs around AZ.

Let me know if you need any more "exciting" ideas.....I have a bunch of them.

Last edited by stevek64; 07-04-2014 at 11:47 PM..

Old 07-05-2014, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Guess we have to define what you like to do/what your definition of "boring" is.

But here's a few......how about scaling some rock cliffs without a safety rope? Have some friends that do that/talk about an adrenaline rush! Sky diving perhaps? Get a fast motorcycle that goes zero to 60 before you can blink and enjoy the freedom AZ has in not requiring the rider to have a helmet. And all the desert twisty roads that wind through some beautiful desert terrain and mountains all around the Phoenix valley and really lean into those turns with your motorcycle. And take a ride at night on that motorcycle, crank on "Hotel California" by the Eagles..."On a dark desert highway.....cool wind in my hair" and now you're living! Learn to fly a small old plane with a window that opens and fly low over the desert terrain....it's gorgeous! Camp out in one of the national parks in AZ in the back-country and look up at the stars at night and how beautiful and quiet it is(probably too boring though for some). Take a 4 wheeler out to one of the places around the valley to get an adrenalin rush catching some nice air jumping over sand dunes. Get a jet ski on one of the lakes around here and open it up and enjoy the rush of speed on the water. Or learn to water ski. Base jump off one of the cliffs around AZ.

Let me know if you need any more "exciting" ideas.....I have a bunch of them.
None of that appeals to me.

Hotel California? Really??? Nope. Camping? Not in a million bazillion years!!!

Phoenix is the equivalent of staying at your grandparent's house.

Old 07-05-2014, 12:57 AM

7,068 posts, read 6,474,107 times
Quote:
None of that appeals to me.

Hotel California? Really??? Nope. Camping? Not in a million bazillion years!!!

Phoenix is the equivalent of staying at your grandparent's house.
hehehe....i just threw out Hotel California because everyone knows that song and has a desert reference.

How about the U2 song, "I still haven't found what I'm looking for"?

If you post in general what you're interested in, it would help people to chime in with ideas. Hard for people to give options & ideas otherwise.

Old 07-05-2014, 01:02 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,438,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post

No comprende Ella. lol

I'm in Flagstaff, it's been raining for a good part of the day and all evening. I'm betting there were no fireworks.

Last edited by observer53; 07-05-2014 at 07:48 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area