Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2014, 02:40 PM

8 posts, read 36,204 times

Advertisements

Hi,
We are planning a move from Ahwatukee to Scottsdale. Even though we have lived in Phoenix for many years I do not really know the best neighborhoods where people actually talk to each other, kids play with each other, there are neighborhood events, etc. We have never had that since we have lived here and it would be wonderful to find that kind of neighborhood for us and our kids. School doesn't matter as our kids are in a charter school so we drive anyway, just looking to get the best community/neighborhood. I've heard that DC Ranch and Buenevante both offer that, but does anyone live there or know for sure? Any others you would recommend?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2014, 03:11 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,654,639 times
I don't know about Buenavante but DC Ranch sounds ideal if it's within budget. It's pricey but it has a community feel to it. My friends that live there have kids and love living there and they're always attending movie in the park events, etc. I also know childless people that live in the country club section which seems a bit less family-oriented.

Old 08-23-2014, 08:17 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,307,778 times
Some of the master planned communities tend to have that feeling Windgate Ranch in Scottsdale. Also, it's expensive but Silverleaf is supposed to have that quality as well.

Old 08-23-2014, 08:35 PM

thanks for the info!

Old 08-23-2014, 11:30 PM

428 posts, read 5,885,335 times
Buenevante is off cactus, starts at Hayden and ends before the park at Scottsdale rd. Buenevante and DC Ranch are complete polar opposites, I find that interesting you considering both. Buenevante is OLD and DATED. It does have a convenient central feeling location in Scottsdale and bigger lots and larger mature trees but that is about it. I pass it often on cactus and the block wall looks like crap- its that old lace stucco, and there is plenty of places with water damage and broken gaps between the blocks due to trees. All the homes are the lace stucco too, so you have to be into that sort of thing.

If you like the newer feel like DC Ranch, another area I would recommend in Desert Ridge. Aviano and Fireside are newer, more affordable and are not far at all to the best things of Scottsdale. They are at deer valley and 40th street.

Another popular neighborhood in central scottsdale, albeit older, is stonegate.

Old 08-24-2014, 10:42 AM

Thanks vince3vince. Yes, I know that Buenevante and DC Ranch are really different. I was stating that I had heard from people that those neighborhoods are hopping with activity and a community feel, which is what we are looking for. I don't really like the old style house/structure either, but many of the houses have been remodeled and I do like the green trees, grass etc. and the more central location. I had heard about Stonegate too...do you know if the neighborhood has activity, kids, community events etc? Thanks again for your help!

Old 08-24-2014, 11:04 AM

9,196 posts, read 16,654,639 times
McDowell Mountain Ranch also has TONS of kids with community sponsored events all the time. Movies in the park, holiday parties, ice cream socials, etc.

I love Stonegate and have a relative that lives there but I always got more of a retirement vibe there. Their club house and pool is arguably one of the best in the valley though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area