Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2015, 10:10 AM

1 posts, read 898 times

Advertisements

We are moving to Paradise Valley and looking at homes. One is an older 1984 block home that was renovated in a hilly beautiful neighborhood. The second one is a new Green Street built wood frame home that is on flat land with plenty of backyard which I like a lot for many reasons. Does anyone have first or second hand knowledge of Green Street as reputable builders? This would help decide for me. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2015, 01:35 PM

19,455 posts, read 27,902,603 times
Green Street - I was curious, so I looked them up.

The business was established in 2012, but I don't think any homes were actually completed until 2014. Accordingly, you're not going to find much history for them.

They have a website, which is basically an empty page saying they are redeveloping the site. | The Premier Home Builder in Phoenix, Scottsdale, Paradise Valley, Arizona According to the WayBack Machine, this site was established in Dec 2014 and what exists now is all the EVER existed. So, effectively, they have no website. THAT'S not warm, fuzzy for me.

The business is owned by Derek Jarr. His experience appears to be mostly flipping distressed houses.

A little more digging shows that Mr. Jarr has already pissed off at least one consumer in the very short time since he started building homes. Ripoff Report | Green Street Communities Inc Complaint Review Phoenix, Arizona: 1190538 (Note: The consumer who is complaining appears to be correct about the shell company set up. But that's not terribly unusual.)

Old 05-12-2015, 09:54 AM

567 posts, read 789,710 times
If you read the full Ripoff Report, Mr. Jarr offered to buy back the home.

Old 05-12-2015, 11:14 AM

19,455 posts, read 27,902,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LagunaMom View Post
If you read the full Ripoff Report, Mr. Jarr offered to buy back the home.
No, he didn't. Here's exactly what Mr. Jarr said: (bolded part mine)

Quote:
we would like to discuss purchasing his home back and allow him to find another home that suits his needs better.

Old 05-12-2015, 12:38 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,752,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by comingfrompa View Post
We are moving to Paradise Valley and looking at homes. One is an older 1984 block home that was renovated in a hilly beautiful neighborhood. The second one is a new Green Street built wood frame home that is on flat land with plenty of backyard which I like a lot for many reasons. Does anyone have first or second hand knowledge of Green Street as reputable builders? This would help decide for me. Thanks!
Is this Paradise Valley town or the Paradise Valley village portion of the city of Phoenix?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area