Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2015, 10:31 AM

1,220 posts, read 1,598,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clikrf8 View Post
Thumbs down to you, troll.
I was trolling kind of hard after a little joke went right over OP's head I couldn't resist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2015, 12:06 PM

6,407 posts, read 9,005,697 times
I know someone that works animal control in Peoria. Says the number one mistake that causes feral cats is feeding them. Odds are someone in your neighborhood is supplying food. We had a small problem in my apartment building with stray cars. A woman was leaving cat foot out at her door. She was asked to stop and the cats went away. We didn't have 30, though.

I am surprised Maricopa County Animal Control won't do anything. I suspect it's a low priority with other issues they deal with.

Old 06-20-2015, 10:18 AM

683 posts, read 855,691 times
I had this issue when I lived in Miami in a condo. Idiot people started feeding stray cats and we had literally over 50 cats at one time. I typically hate HOA's but it came in handy. We hired cat trappers, unfortunately they put them to sleep because the pound will not take stray as they are over filled. We then imposed a $500 fine to people caught feeding them. Within a month there none.

If you are not in a HOA, then I think it will be extremely difficult. You can call who ever, but the reason they are there is because somebody is feeding them. They will never go away if someond continues to do that.

Last edited by deboinair; 06-20-2015 at 10:28 AM..

Old 06-20-2015, 11:09 AM

1,068 posts, read 1,448,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deboinair View Post
I had this issue when I lived in Miami in a condo. Idiot people started feeding stray cats and we had literally over 50 cats at one time. I typically hate HOA's but it came in handy. We hired cat trappers, unfortunately they put them to sleep because the pound will not take stray as they are over filled. We then imposed a $500 fine to people caught feeding them. Within a month there none.

If you are not in a HOA, then I think it will be extremely difficult. You can call who ever, but the reason they are there is because somebody is feeding them. They will never go away if someond continues to do that.

Wow, what a kind, humane way you all found to deal with innocent creatures who were simply trying to get food.

Oh yeah, and good on you for imposing the 500$ fine on the person who had the nerve to FEED HOMELESS ANIMALS, how DARE they!!!

__________________________________________________ ____________
Wow. What you posted is disturbing and disgusting, SHAME ON YOU.

Old 06-20-2015, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavia84 View Post
Wow, what a kind, humane way you all found to deal with innocent creatures who were simply trying to get food.

Oh yeah, and good on you for imposing the 500$ fine on the person who had the nerve to FEED HOMELESS ANIMALS, how DARE they!!!

__________________________________________________ ____________
Wow. What you posted is disturbing and disgusting, SHAME ON YOU.
Guess you would be one of the not so smart people we would fine. ha ha. Sorry if I want to live in a clean and nice place not a third world country. Shame on me for wanting a beautiful neighborhood. Feral cats are not healthy and carry disease. How dare someone that wouldn't want their child around some thing like that. Shame on them.

Last edited by deboinair; 06-20-2015 at 12:13 PM..

Old 06-20-2015, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcajones View Post
Thank god I didn't recommend buying a pellet gun like I ACTUALLY would do in this case

maybe I'll cook them up. If you've eaten pork fried rice at a restaurant, good chance it was actually cat. Yummy .
Hilarious!!!!!

Old 06-20-2015, 12:27 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,483,931 times
It all starts with irresponsible people leaving their cat(s) roaming everywhere. I never got the reason why some buy an animal and let them run free. Not fair to the animals on many levels nor the people who have to live with the consequences. Can't fix rude/irresponsible.

Old 06-20-2015, 12:57 PM

1,068 posts, read 1,448,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deboinair View Post
Guess you would be one of the not so smart people we would fine. ha ha. Sorry if I want to live in a clean and nice place not a third world country. Shame on me for wanting a beautiful neighborhood. Feral cats are not healthy and carry disease. How dare someone that wouldn't want their child around some thing like that. Shame on them.

YES, shame on you. You want a beautiful neighborhood at the expense of lives of other live beings which, believe it or not, have sensory system that allows them to feel pain? Shallow is a mild word for this, barbaric is more appropriate.

An honorable thing to do would be to put an extra effort and find a pound which would have enough room for the animals.

Last edited by Flavia84; 06-20-2015 at 01:11 PM..

Old 06-20-2015, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavia84 View Post
YES, shame on you. You want a beautiful neighborhood at the expense of lives of other live beings which, believe it or not, have sensory system that allows them to feel pain? Shallow is a mild word for this, barbaric is more appropriate.

An honorable thing to do would be to put an extra effort and find a pound which would have enough room for the animals.
Pounds weren't taking anymore cats. Why? Because they were filled up with cats by irresponsible morons who did said things. It's irresponsible people like yourself that cause situations like this. I notice you didn't highlight part where they carry disease that can be passed on to you or your children. Only an idiot would keep feral cats around at the expense of the health of people and kids.

No sense in arguing with some one that appears very dim on the subject though.

Old 06-20-2015, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
It all starts with irresponsible people leaving their cat(s) roaming everywhere. I never got the reason why some buy an animal and let them run free. Not fair to the animals on many levels nor the people who have to live with the consequences. Can't fix rude/irresponsible.
No you can't. This is why you have to have HOA's. It's really sad that you have to babysit people. I mean it's so simple. Don't you want your neighborhood to look nice? I mean how hard is it do that? Some people are just low class.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area