Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2015, 01:54 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,507,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deboinair View Post
No you can't. This is why you have to have HOA's. It's really sad that you have to babysit people. I mean it's so simple. Don't you want your neighborhood to look nice? I mean how hard is it do that? Some people are just low class.
Isn't that the truth. It escapes me the attitude of some for their lack of respect for their neighbors/those around them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2015, 12:11 AM

1,068 posts, read 1,456,157 times
How about you "high class" people educate yourself on what actually happens in the kill pounds and then you can blissfully enjoy your "nice neighborhood".

I dare you to do some research on so-called "humane" euthanasia and you'll find that the animals go through a great deal of pain and suffering. And now imagine your own dog or cat or whatever you own, going through that. How would that clean neighborhood work out for you then?

Old 06-21-2015, 01:40 AM

7,068 posts, read 6,507,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavia84 View Post
How about you "high class" people educate yourself on what actually happens in the kill pounds and then you can blissfully enjoy your "nice neighborhood".

I dare you to do some research on so-called "humane" euthanasia and you'll find that the animals go through a great deal of pain and suffering. And now imagine your own dog or cat or whatever you own, going through that. How would that clean neighborhood work out for you then?
What are you suggesting...just leave the feral and outdoor cats run wild around Phoenix neighborhoods?

As for the "pain and suffering", you might want to read the other side of your point. From the humane society.

Outdoor Cats: Frequently Asked Questions : The Humane Society of the United States

"In addition, shelters receive many nuisance complaints about outdoor cats, including:
  • Frequent, loud noises that are part of the fighting and mating behavior of unneutered/unspayed cats
  • Strong, foul odors left by unneutered male cats spraying urine to mark their territory
  • Flea infestations
  • Visible suffering from dying kittens and injured adults
  • The death of wild animals who are cats' prey"
The last 2 points might grab your attention if you're concerned about "pain and suffering" of animals. And the 3rd point about flea infestations should be of concern to anyone as they can harbor some pretty ugly diseases.

Fleas near Flagstaff test positive for the plague

Irresponsible cat owners are the source of the problem of feral cats and it all begins with cats left outside unchecked, more than a few who are unneutered/unspayed, and get "lost". I think putting the blame on people who don't want the end result that began/ended with the actions of irresponsible cat owners is misplaced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area