Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2015, 10:08 PM

408 posts, read 581,725 times

Advertisements

I have no idea what was going on today, but man people were tripping all over the valley. Scottsdale was especially horrid, people texting and not looking up at the light to go for green, or so someone can make a right turn!! I almost got hit and ran off the road by a Tahoe hogging two lanes. Nah man, I will not slow down and risk everyone's life behind me, I'm going to pass you!

Old 06-19-2015, 10:45 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,475,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Java Jolt View Post
On the subject of traffic and types of drivers, I think Phoenix should be compared more closely to similarly-sized cities and even places with similar weather-climatic conditions, San Diego would be a good example.

Phoenix shouldn't be compared to the supersized cities like Los Angeles, Chicago, or New York, and it shouldn't be compared to smaller-sized cities like Wichita or Colorado Springs.
I agree. The Allstate study actually does that in terms of population and broke those cities out in their respective population category. They also factor in other criteria:

Where do American Cities Rank in Eighth Annual "Allstate America's Best Drivers Report??" - News Releases - News, Videos, Photos, Press Releases | Allstate Insurance Newsroom

"Internal property damage reported claims were analyzed over a two-year period (from January 2009 to December 2010) to ensure the findings would not be impacted by external influences such as weather or road construction."

This is actually the latest version of the stats I just found, from 2014:

https://www.allstate.com/tools-and-r...t-drivers.aspx

Phoenix is still in the top cities list for safety but we are at #79 overall though #31 based on population. Other valley cities like Gilbert, Mesa, Tempe, Peoria, Glendale, etc. also made the list. On the above url they also break the ratings out on weather factors(rain and snow), population, city density, etc.

Last edited by stevek64; 06-19-2015 at 10:57 PM..

Old 06-19-2015, 11:01 PM

2,852 posts, read 4,505,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoiWonder13 View Post
I have no idea what was going on today, but man people were tripping all over the valley. Scottsdale was especially horrid, people texting and not looking up at the light to go for green, or so someone can make a right turn!! I almost got hit and ran off the road by a Tahoe hogging two lanes. Nah man, I will not slow down and risk everyone's life behind me, I'm going to pass you!
It's the excessive heat.

It's been over 110 all week and cars sitting in the direct sunlight can easily heat up to temperatures of 150 and higher.

There just might be some truth to the theory about the heat cooking people's brains.

Old 06-20-2015, 02:26 AM

594 posts, read 699,592 times
Default Slower drivers move to the right...Don't follow trucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Java Jolt View Post
After giving it some thought, it's probably best to just ignore that person.

Nearly everything he posts is senseless and immature, including his very first topic about Phoenix being the most beautifulest place, demonstrating his education level.
Those signs are for drivers like you....GET IT OTTA MY WAY
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area