Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2015, 01:07 PM

6,341 posts, read 14,694,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
Both Frazee and Dunn-Edwards claim that their paints are specially formulated four our desert climate, although I don't know if there is any truth to their statements.
My painter used both brands on our houses (we had four houses painted last year 2 with Frazee Paint & 2 with Dunn Edwards )- I can't tell any difference, except to say they both seem to look really nice compared to the old paint..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2015, 11:09 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,326,728 times
I had my stucco house in Tucson repainted in December of 2013 and the painter I used (and was very happy with) recommended the Dunn-Edwards Evershield. D-E was one of several brands approved by my HOA and after looking at the list they gave me, he said Evershield was the best, his favorite paint for stucco and he's used it hundreds of times. I had the garage door and the front doors painted, too, and he used a separate D-E paint in my colors but a different formulation suitable for those jobs.

He brought over a big presentation booklet to my house and showed me all the different finishes that I could have in D-E paint. I chose the Eggshell finish for both the body of the house and the trim. I can't remember the name of the body color (it's just an off-white) but I remember the trim is called Baked Potato. The eggshell has a slight sheen but doesn't look a bit glossy from the street. After a year and half it still looks brand new. I would have picked something a little wilder but I'm interested in resale value, so I let my 20-something nieces have a vote since a younger person would be my most likely buyer. The "kids" went for the conservative look. Whatever. Before, the house was just sprayed all one color, a washed-out terra cotta, by the builder. Now with a lighter color on the body and the wood trim called out in a coffee shade, the house not only looks nicer, it looks bigger, too.

Good luck.

Old 07-04-2015, 08:28 AM

63 posts, read 141,681 times
thanks very one for the great information seems to be a common denominator on the paint brand to use thanks again for your time.

Old 07-05-2015, 12:16 AM

13,282 posts, read 7,330,443 times
D-E or sherwin williams which all has organic pigments is much better paint. Most cheap paints which you see at the big box stores like Home Depot have synthetic pigments which don't last nearly as long and take more coats to cover. That is why the cost of the synthetic pigments paint is so much cheaper. Outdoor paint I only go with higher end paints indoor ill use the cheap paint if i'm just going over the same color or a rental home which gets painted a lot.

https://www.sherwin-williams.com/arc...yingpaint.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area